Maintenance

Integer

Hi guys,

I've been looking into general maintenance for my VSR 10 and am happy with cleaning the barrel, hop rubber and outer cylinder. I'm still a little unsure about the cylinder internals and trigger mech though. Should I regularly be removing and cleaning the internals and/or applying grease here? From what I've read I should possibly be putting some silicone grease inside the cylinder. If so, should I clean it out first and where exactly does the grease go? The same goes for the trigger mech.

FYI - at present I'm just using the stock internals with a 120 spring but I'm trying to get into good habits before upgrading the lot.

If anyone could provide me a little advise or point me in the direction of a good maintenance guide that I've maybe missed it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks.

The cylander should be set up when you build it, and only taken apart when there is a problem. Or for further upgrades.

when you set up the cylander and piston, i find it good to clean every part thoughly. I wash the parts in warm water and washing up liquid, this removes oil and dirt very well. Makeing sure they are completley dry, a thin coat of grease over every part, including the inside of the cylander, and the piston head o-ring.

Same thing with the trigger mech, though the oil is not as important you still want some on the axles and where parts meet.

The barrel is the only thing you would clean game to game, running oil patches and dry patches to clean it.

(make sure you never use any oil that would damage rubber on any part of an airsoft gun)

Yea, airsoft guns are pretty much all low maintanance (exept the BBU from a GBB and the barrel on every gun)

Just remember, thin oil wherever parts meet And slightly more oil in the cylander/piston head so you get good compression.

Archived