Hello all :)

Nutek

Afternoon everyone! I used to be into airsoft a couple of years back when I was about 14 but then it kind of phased out around the VCRA period. I've been producing drum and bass (myspace.com/nutekmusic) since the start of 2008 and that has been my main hobby/time consumer however I'd like to get back into airsofting as I will hopefully have some cash left over once I have finished saving for a Macbook Pro.

I think I am going to go for a terroist-style loadout (yay for controversy) and I am currently looking at which primary weapon to use. I don't want to go for a bog standard AK47 although I do quite like the idea of a full metal/wood AK47S. I have also been looking at shotguns and the G&P M870 folding stock version seems to tickle my fancy and as the magazines are only about £5 off gunsnguys capacity is not really an issue (even if they are only 22rd mags). I would also invest in a pistola or maybe a mac11 or even a TM mac10 if I can scrape up the funds.

My main concern at the moment though is obtaining a license, I'm going to make a few phonecalls and I hope - because of previous skirmishing that I might be able to get a license without playing 3 games over two months (I would prefer spend the £100-£150 on some gear tbh!)

I hope that intro wasn't too long winded!

Thanks, Justin.

You don't need a licence. You just need a site membership. As you know, the official regulations state that you have to have skirmished 3 times over a minimal of 2 months not more than 12 months from the current date, to be a certified skirmisher, although if you've been a regular at a site before, and go back now, it is entirely up to their discretion to issue you a membership before you've fulfilled the skirmish requirements. However, there certainly isn't a licence as far as I'm aware. It's more like becoming registered on the UKARA database.

Anyways, welcome back to the sport. :)

With regards to weapons, For that tango look, any AK with a folding stock should be great. Mac 11s are cheap as chips now, if you can find them being sold. I should know, I have 3 of them. As for shotties, if you're willing to spend a bit more, you should go for one of those chinese marushin gas clones. Or if its budget you want, the DE clones of the tri-shot TMs are great as long as you've built up a good strong left arm from self-loving.

Yeah I had a Mac11 back in the day, it was probably my favourite gun I ever owned! I might have a look at the gas shotties but reliability could be an issue (?). Funny you say that actually as I can proudly say I am a left hander!

Well for a right hander, we would be holding the pump grip and cocking the shotty with the left hand. If you're left handed and hold the shotty the other way, then you're gonna need a strong right arm.

I don't think reliablity is much of an issue as far as the clone marushin gas shotties are concerned. The problem is probably that they're so fab its not easy to find one at the moment.

Archived