GHK AKS74U GBB safety problem

lukvdh

Hi,

I have a GHK AKS74U GBB gun.

There is a problem with the safety-lever.

When on "safe" the gun still fires, full auto. Not as it was meant to be...

I got a new trigger and the internal safety"plate".

I 'm rather sure the problem is in those two parts (GHK has renewed parts now, and those I got).

But I would like to have some help for getting these parts replaced.

RA-Tech sold this GBB-Drop-in-Kit (for Dboys gun) a while agao, and I would like to know if there was a "manual" with those kits.

Or: if someone has experience with this matter.

I was in contact with someone at RA-Tech but for some reason unknown to me I don't get replies from them anymore.

The safety / selector part is no problem. The trigger is a problem: I will have to remove the hammer and the semi/full lever before I can get to the trigger, and there are some springs involved. And I have bad experience with springs. So I would like to know how the springs have to be installed (and I would like this info before I disassemble).

I hope someone over here can help me.

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/agent_prod...GHK004-001.html

thats RA-Tech's guide to installing their kit. I'm sure part of that involves the trigger assembly, although, it is definitely not a very in depth guide.

I found that info already.

But it is not enough for me. Could be I'm a total NooB, but I think it is indeed 'not a very in depth guide'.

But thanks for the info anyway.

trouble is what you're asking for just isnt easy to photograph or video by time someone has their hands inside the receiver fitting the part, if you 'dont get on well with springs' then you'e just asking for greif

here how you do it

remove the selector paddle

removing the eclip that sits in a groove on it inside the righthand side of the receiver.

turning the lever up past safe untill the paddle lines up with the notch in the receiver its supposed to fit thru, then wiggle and jiggle it out

At that stage consider trying the new paddle if its longer/sits at a different angle - might be enough in itself to fix it and let you avoid replacing the trigger. If thats no joy move onto

removing the trigger:

start by taking a photo or two of the trigger, in particular the layout and position of the main trigger spring so you can refer back to that if you have any hassles with where its meant to sit when asembled

got the photos done thenremove the eclip on the trigger axis pin thats located in the inside left of the receiver

drive the trigger axis pin out from right to left

lift the trigger up a bit inside the receiver and unhook the spring thats attached to the front bar of the trigger - the spring is still attached to the valve knocker dont disconnect it from that (and make sure not to stretch it as you remove it from the trigger bar)

remove the trigger completely

trigger mech comprises of five parts

main trigger body

trigger torsion spring

rear trigger hook

small compression spring for the rear trigger hook

brass bushing

the small rear trigger hook spring fits into the base of the trigger body and the rear hook sits on top of it

the rear hook and the trigger both have a large hole thru them when fitted together the brass bush passes thru those holes from left hand side of the trigger

the right hand side of the trigger also has a small hole in the side of it, the short leg of the trigger spring is bent at 90 degrees at the end and the small bent part fits in that hole in side of the trigger.

the main coils of the trigger spring line up with the large hole in the trigger and the long leg of the trigger spring points forwards towards front of the trigger.

you fit the whole trigger assembly straight down into the receiver making sure that the brass bush doesnt slide out, that the short leg of the trigger stays in its hole and that the long leg of the trigger points forwards to wards the magwell. Have the axis pin placed in the left hand side of the receiver as you do that, push the pin in far enough that its only just in the receiver and no more

sounds easy except as you push the trigger assembly down into place that main trigger spring is getting put under tension and the further into the receiver you push the trigger the more that spring is going to fight you. It'll twist and bend and the small leg will do its damndest to pop out of its hole in side of the trigger.

As you fit the trigger into place slide the axis pin thru from the left hand side so it starts into the hole and bushing in the left hand side of the trigger , as you push the trigger down further feed more of the axis pin thru it - you might need to wobble the rear trigger hook around a little so the pin fits thru. Eventually the pin should be worked thru the trigger enough for it to fit thru the coils in the spring and at that stage you casn push the trigger assembly fully down and slide the pin al the way thru so the end of it goes into the hole in the right hand receiver wall

If that sounds fiddly and a bit of a pain thats because it is, its the sort of thing that really needs four tiny hands rather than just the three or four fingers you can actually fit into the receiver (and is why its almost impossible to photograph as the procedure relies on feel and judgement and slightly wobbling parts into place that you just cant take a photograph or make a video of)

If you dont get it first time have a few goes - You might even want to do it in stages and have some practice goes - first just fitting the main trigger body and the axis pin, then another go where you add the rear hook and the bushing into the mix, and then a final go when you add the main trigger spring

Once you finally have the whole trigger assembly in place along with the axis pin inserted and home then loop the spring thats atached to the valve knocker back onto the front trigger bar. Then refit the e-clip - basically you lay it against the inside of the receiver with the open end of it over the groove in the axis pin, and then push down on the back of it with a screwdriver to click it into place on the groove.

Its a 4mm e-clip if it goes flying across the room and you cant find it, then thats the replacement size you need to buy from ebay :)

Doing above trigger fitting with the hammer removed will give you a little more room, but its still almost as fiddly and you then have the fun of refitting the hammer and valve knocker too Best avoidng that if you can.

trouble is what you're asking for just isnt easy to photograph or video by time someone has their hands inside the receiver fitting the part, if you 'dont get on well with springs' then you'e just asking for greif

here how you do it

GREAT !

This is the info I need.

Indeed, taking pictures is impossible while working in that small area,

certainly when one is "alone" as I am.

But with your info I think I will able to do this job.

Thanks!

Archived