Mini-Patriot out of an JG HK416

Cosmitz

Hey people,

After switching the guts and accesories from my old JG 416 to a VFC 416, i decided to turn the old JG into something else. After putting parts side-by-side to look for combinations i could attempt, i managed to get to this, which i quite like:

14ch5l5.jpg

Now, i see two problems in this project.

The first one is the stabilization of the hop-up, a 2-pieace. I can attempt this by cutting the outer barrel after the catch on the 'delta ring'.

The second one is the mounting of the silencer on what remains. I prefer not to permanently put it there, so cutting off the 14mm off the outer again and either welding it on, or using a 'sealing plastique' like Poxipol A+B solution to stick it on there.

Both of these ideas would imply that i have to cut/weld/work with pot-metal, since i very much think that is the composition. I have no previous experience with doing work on it and i don't know if it'll crack, split or purely 'shatter'.

Also, i could make my own piece out of aluminum at a workshop with both the stabilization and the 14mm but i want to do this as cheap as possibile.

Here's an update on the project.

Manufacturing process complete:

Cut the hop 'stabilizing outer barrel section'.

a1.JPG

Effect.

a2.JPG

I cut down an older stock barrel i had around the house.

a3.JPG

Sawing off the 14mm at the other end of the outer barrel.

a4.JPG

2/3rds there.

a5.JPG

The ansamble put together.

a6.JPG

Structural modification complete

a7.JPG

After strapping on a PEQ for support and a battery, no finishing touches done, and just scrambling it to be ready for tommorow's game, this is what i came up with.

2pt753m.jpg

14njuqt.jpg

I have that in mind, for the moment i'm rather stuck on battery position and battery variations, probably a mini. It was all like "hey i finished this, it's pretty awesome.. now to just put in the batte--- oh.. snap" :)

Archived