King arms reciever question

b1indsamurai

spacer.gif

Hey, will rails that fit classic army's and G&P's fit onto a king arms receiver without any modification? What spec are the receiver threads on KA bodies?

Also, how do KA mbk's compare with G&P quality wise? I've had a magpul mbk from G&P and the quality was excellent -- does the king arms match up? Which do you personally prefer?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

spacer.gif

Hey, will rails that fit classic army's and G&P's fit onto a king arms receiver without any modification? What spec are the receiver threads on KA bodies?

Also, how do KA mbk's compare with G&P quality wise? I've had a magpul mbk from G&P and the quality was excellent -- does the king arms match up? Which do you personally prefer?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

I purchased a KA metal receiver about 1.5 years ago, so I don't know if its changed. The quality is fine, certainly comparable to G&P (I never bought a G&P AEG receiver, but comparing to the receiver off of a WOC). I wouldn't really care KA or G&P, but if you know you're going to be using a G&P barrel nut, I'd say go for the G&P.

As for the thread, I really don't know for sure: I know I managed to installed a G&P barrel nut on the KA upper, but I also remember it took a bit of elbow grease, so the threads may not be exactly the same.

Well, I have a pm concepts cf handguard (pri genIII copy) and looking online, it should fit a G&P upper receiver. But, the previous owner said it fit on a CA upper fine so now im not sure about the thread differences between the two and the king arms.

Originally I wanted a Magpul PTS receiver but it seems really played out now :lol: so I'm looking at other billet lower options -- I don't like the JP rifles receiver set so I'm stuck with the KA Larue receiver. Anyone have any specific experience with this receiver?

Archived