I hope this was a good idea

Saila Cilbup

I wanted a powerful all metal CO2 blow-back pistol, preferably a 1911. Don't care about trades. I want a robust, reliable pistol that can take a beating, and if necessary, be worked on and repaired.

I did NOT want a Cybergun - lots of bad experiences, too much trouble.

The CO2 is a personal preference, it's just easier for me to find, and easier to use in my opinion. All metal and blow back... well who doesn't want that? I remember a few years ago the only guns on the market that fit the criteria I described were made by Cybergun/KWC, so I bought them. The "metal" wasn't very impressive in person, and spare parts were a *badgeress* to obtain, bad "fuel economy," and outrageous FPS drew quite a bit of blood - all bad things. They all broke, and I did nothing but cherish them, no abuse at all. So I didn't want to go down that rout again. I ordered KJW Xcelerator.

It's all metal. 6" barrel. Has a rail. 4-way adjustable rear sight. Includes a green-gas and a co2 mag.

You can see it here if you don't know what I'm talking about:

Was this a good decision?

Are these typically reliable?

Anyone have experience with this gun? (or a similar KJW CO2 pistol)

If it does break (honestly, everything does eventually) is it the type of thing you can work on with parts you can get on your own?

Is is compatible with non-stock parts for customization, like threaded outer barrels and tightbore inner barrels?

I read some great reviews, but people seem to write them very recently after getting a gun, so it's hard to determine long-term reliability.

they're good guns, but i have heard of some peoples nozzles breaking recently. thats the only thing i think you have to worry about.

since they are TM clones, it should treat you well as long as you treat it well.

anything build for a tokyo marui hicapa will work with it.

just to make sure you know, the xcelerator is a 6 inch version. theres less aftermarket cosmetic parts that will work with 6 inch barrels/slides. in other words, you wont find a 6 inch threaded barrel or a compensator kit for a 6 inch slide.

Neat! If I can replace internals with Tokyo Marui parts I feel really good about this.

I typically treat guns really well, and with readily available parts... It's exciting trying something new, after going through all those KWC's.

Can't wait for it to arrive! Shoulda payed for faster shipping.

Archived