Since I got my UKARA number through a few weeks ago I had been anxious to purchase an ICS L85 but being on a budget the L85 was well out of my price range. Not long after a second hand JG G3 came up for sale on my local airsoft site’s forum with 3 hi-caps and an 8.4v mini. After looking at it yesterday I soon became its new owner.

Externals

I’ve used JG AEGs in the past as my local skirmish site has a bunch of JG AEGs for hire and I was impressed. No creaks, a lot of metal and all the goodies you expect from, say, an ICS AEG. The G3, however, was a bit of a disappointment. The upper receiver is made entirely of a plastic and creaks a bit. I am, however, convinced that this is to wear and not how it would come from the factory.

That said however JG have done a fine job of making the gun balanced weight wise. Using the mini battery that came with it made the gun front heavy as the railed hand guard is all metal. With my 8.4v large however in the stock the gun became well balanced.

Overall the gun looks good and the rails are a big plus. I’ve already some cosmetic upgrades in mind and despite what I’ve said about the plastic receiver it is a blessing because I think if it was a full metal gun it would be bordering on too heavy.

Internals

Not had a chance to have a look inside as I don’t have the tools to get into it but I believe it’s pretty much stock besides a downgrade spring. FPS is around the 320 mark and the ROF seems to be higher than you’d expect on an 8.4v 3700mAh battery.

The selector is a bit iffy and for some reason semi auto is full auto. I think I can fix it once I can get the damn thing apart. The trigger has also got “stuck” on two occasions but again, I think it can be fixed when I can get it gutted. Time will tell.

All in all I'm pleased with it. I will update this thread as I use it more as I understand there isn't much here in the way of details about the gearbox etc. Either way I hope this is helpful to anybody considering a JG G3. I personally would buy one new based on my experiences so far.

Some pictures:

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Working on getting som hi-res pictures up (:

Edited by ryan2390
  • 4 weeks later...

Had the non- RAS version, sucked balls, My friends broke after 2 months and my soon after, we didn't even skirmish with it!

This is the gun you want to avoid from JG, I have not tested any more ACM guns since I had enough of them from my POV.