Short AR (7" RIS) with gas block/sight tower outer barrel options?

Wupjak

Hey all,

I have a 'Stubby Killer' type AGM that has proved to be quite a little shooter. I happened on an EdGI 6.01 that's about an inch and a half overlength for the stubby outer barrel and, while it shoots wonderfully, I'm wanting to extend the outer barrel so that it's not mandatory to run a fake suppressor. The absence of a gas block also irks me for some reason, so I'm wanting to extend the gun's outer barrel length a bit to make it look more like a proper AR. Looks like this at the moment (image from airsplat):

agmm4cqb-ris.jpg

Am having a bit of trouble asking google and/or Arnies' search the correct terminology (I'm not much up to speed on AR terminology), so I'll put it to the group:

Is there an outer barrel kit that's readily available that'll allow me to use the standard sight tower or something other than a low profile gas block? Something like this is what I'm after:

m1s-7.5a2a1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the suggestion.

The barrel looks about right, but I'd prefer to leave the handguard alone. The one in that link appears to be a bit longer and closer to a carbine length than I'm looking to go. The look I'm going for is something closer to a Short Barreled Rifle (see, I learned something today! :P) than a CQB-R/10.5" look.

Again, much appreciated.

Archived