M95 spring and m100 spring.

gijohn2

Hi all im thinking in geting one of these for my untouched JG M4 as im unaware of the FPS and i dont want to go to first and only and have my gun shooting to hot so i cant use it on the day :(.

Does any one know what FPS each one of these kicks out and where is the cheapest place to get one from.

John

The '100' rating should in theory give you 100mps (330fps). 95 is 95% of 100 therefore should give you 310fps (ish).

There's so many other variables though, not least different manufacturer's spring strengths - so it's just a guide really. smile.gif

Fire Support should have some in stock.

The FPS a spring will give you isn't really reliable if you're using a chinese clone weapon since often their air seals (be it in the gearbox or the hop-up) are of sub-par quality.

However, an M100 should give you somewhere in the range 325-350 from what I know of them. And the M95 just slightly lower.

My Modify S100+ was circa 350fps with new cylinder, piston etc so should be a reasonable reference.

100 was the rate I went for to try and get close to 350. If it had been over I would have clipped the spring bit by bit to get there. I know some frown upon this but I've not had any problems. Moving between springs can jump the fps a lot.

I find shopping local is best bet to save cash, even with cost of petrol the shipping charges are usually nearly as much as the part with things like this. I also expect the shop will let you come back and do a chrono check.

Also if you are fussy about getting close to the limit note the parts can settle and lower the fps so fire a few 100 bb's before chrono checking.

Not to add confusion but I bought an Element M95 which turns out to be producing more in the region of 390fps.

Probably the wrong spring in the packet or something :blink: but I thought I'd mention it because it may be that they have a different labeling system. Oh well, it was only £2!

However I have bought M90's and M100's by various different manufacturers and they do usually give about 300fps and 330fps respectively.

Wings :detective2:

Archived