Ambush Wargames Eversley

Note: This review applies to Ambush Wargames, who run games in Eversley, Hampshire. This review does not apply to Ambush Adventures, who run games in Chobham, Longmoor and Southampton.

I've been a customer at Ambush Wargames since last summer. Since then I've probably been a dozen times averaging one weekend in four.

Ambush have two sites. Both sites are woodland sites with minimal CQB possibilities but both sites have various structures (e.g. bunkers and targets) to assist in mission-based games.

The marshalling at the site is very good, the marshals take their roles very seriously and all incidents have been dealt with very promptly and very professionally.

All in all the gaming experience at Ambush has been very positive and I do not want to take this away with my following statements.

The management of the site is awful. I don't mean the marshals, I don't mean the on-site staff, I don't mean even the condition of the terrain or equipment.

The company is owned by one individual who is single handedly responsible for key areas. The area that's burned me, and the reason for posting this review, is UKARA registration.

The gentleman in question has taken my money, ID, paperwork, photos etc for my UKARA registration and despite me chasing him for nearly a month I haven't had anything beyond "I'll get it done". I understand from other players (and staff!) that I'm not unique in this respect and several people have just given up.

So, my recommendation?

It's a GOOD site run by GOOD marshals and the gaming experience is very positive.

If you want your UKARA registration (or anything else dependent on the site owner) then look elsewhere.

If you don't care about UKARA registration then do come along. There are a good selection of regulars, especially those at Alpha, and you'll have a blast.

• 2 months later...