Solid state relays?

Stealthbomber

Just looking for a bit of advice about a possible project...

Let's say I have a sensor that pumps out voltage when it's triggered.

Problem is that I want it to work the opposite way around.

I need a signal that pumps out voltage all the time but cuts the power when the sensor is triggered.

In my little head, I need a relay that has a normally-closed contact and which will open when power is applied to the relay (by the sensor, when it's activated).

Now, I guess I could do this using a P-channel transistor. It's only for a low-current device so I could do it with a cheap transistor but I really can't be bothered with the hassle of the additional resistors which'd be required.

Sooo...

Anybody seen any really, really small solid state relays available anywhere which DO have a N/C contact?

Alternatively, if anybody knows of some other way to do the same thing that uses minimal components I'll be interested to hear about it too.

*EDIT*

Oh, it's just occured to me that this would need to work inside a gun so I guess it should work between 7.4v DC and 12v DC.

Thinking about the required voltage range, a transistor might be the best way to do it reliably. :unsure:

Archived