A&K M249 Mk1 - upgraded internals

Pablo

Hi folks, remember me? :P

Time to sell my baby, as she hasn't seen a game in a long time and needs someone to take her out and let her do what she does best. She's an A&K M249 Mk1, with the following modifications:

CA High Speed motor.

CA Hop Unit.

Swiss-cheesed CA piston.

Element gears (correctly shimmed and lubed).

Rewired (can't remember the cable thickness now, but a lot better than the original wiring) with Deans connector.

8.4v 3700mAh NiMh (obviously also with a Deans - I'll throw in a Deans charger lead of course).

CA 1500rnd boxmag (original was pants, no matter how I modified it - I'll throw it in as well though).

Now, there's nowhere for that big battery to sit inside the gun, so I use a battery bag over the barrel (above the handguard). Easy job to re-jig the wiring and fit a Deans to a mini battery or lipo to fit in the handguard.

So basically, I've taken a stock A&K M249 and fixed everything that was wrong with them when they first came out. No feeding issues, very good ROF (18rps if I remember right - did get her up to 24rps but that was just mental), and a lot of the gearbox noise removed (including the anti-reversal latch spring buzz).

I'll post picks later after I've given her a test (just charging up the battery to give her a run).

Looking for £225 for her, but I'm open to sensible offers.

Now, I know a wee bit about the law on these matters so make sure you're an airsofter before getting in touch. Just to be on the safe side, I'd prefer to deliver her in person if I can (dependant obviously on distance) and collect cold hard cash. Always nice to meet an airsofter and chew the fat anyway! If I have to get her delivered, that'll cost extra. Old fashioned I know, but that's how I prefer to do these things.

I will also be putting her on sale in JD Airsoft later this week if she doesn't go here.

Pics now uploaded - Here

Not perfect I'm afraid, but I can take more if you like (let me know if you need to see anything specific). I didn't do the tidiest of jobs with the wiring, but it's easy enough to tweak how you want it (I might even bring my toolbox along and have a go for you if you want). M249's are a dream to work with.

I'll be taking her to JD Airsoft in Cannock in the next couple of days if anyone wants to take a look.

EDIT: Sure I've got a GPMG sling here somewhere, I'll throw that in too of course.

Archived