A&K m60 mk43

Dhughes377

ok after much waiting, i finally got the gears in. like other 5ku gears they are warped are warped beyond usability. I have some bad news. it appears that the air nozzle creates a airleak around the hop area due to the beveled end. The only solution i can think of is to mod the tappet plate to push the nozzle a bit farther forward to attempt to get a better air seal.

• 2 weeks later...

ok after much waiting, i finally got the gears in. like other 5ku gears they are warped are warped beyond usability. I have some bad news. it appears that the air nozzle creates a airleak around the hop area due to the beveled end. The only solution i can think of is to mod the tappet plate to push the nozzle a bit farther forward to attempt to get a better air seal.

what kind of bucking are you using? That's a bummer, I had high hopes for your setup...

what kind of bucking are you using? That's a bummer, I had high hopes for your setup...

Sorry for the late update, i have been busy doing a more recent project. After i had much fun filing away at the tappet plate and gearbox, it turns out that the problem was the clip that holds the barrel in place. I was able to get the FPS back up where it should be, right above 400 w/ .25g . I believe that the setup should have worked flawless even without filing away at the gearbox. even with the beveled edge of the nozzle it is only short by no more than 1/10 of a mm.

EDIT= i have been using a Systema Energy bucking

So the Masada nozzle is a go? Good to know.

What exactly was the issue with the C-clip?

Yes, 5KU Masada Nozzle is a go. The problem with the clip is the notches were worn down giving the inner barrel room to work its self free causing a bad airseal

Archived