A&K m60 mk43

Dhughes377

Hello, my name is Dan. I'm an airsofter up here in anchorage Alaska, and I have a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to tune my a&k m60. Problem is I cannot achieve perfect compression with the stock setup. So I figured I would replace my stock cylinder head with a new double o-ringed gaurder v2 head. Now that would work fine, except the stock air nozzle for the 60 has an inner diameter for a bore up. So I grabbed a bore up cylinder head, by gaurder and double o-ringed, and the stock a&k air nozzle inner diameter is a hair to small for the bore up cylinder head. So as you can see I'm at a loss. I'm curious if anyone has found a solution to this air nozzle problem. Does the cnc a&k Masada air nozzle work? Tm sopmod, or g&p gr-25 airnozzle work. Any suggestions, ideas are welcomed. Currently i am going to try out the stock cylinder/gaurder piston head with x-ring/kwa piston (things I had laying around). Thanks a bunch!

Well I had an A&K m60...

only thing I did was replace the spring, as it was shooting bit to hard for games over here, and installed a systema tighter barrel, and put in a new and larger nub, as the original one couldn't give enough hop...

after that it shot AMAZING...

I noticed that the nozzle was quite propietary to the A&K so i just left that alone, I achieved great seal with it all original

Well after talking at length with my local Airsoft dealer we came to the conclusion that I should try an xring (as I mentioned in my earlier post) and it seems to have upped my compression. So now I'm running a gaurder piston head w/xring and a kwa piston. Seems to work good, compression is 100 times better but still not perfect. Now the only problem is it mos feeds. And it seems to be the box mag hangs to low and binds up the feeding tube (god darn Airsoft guns, can't just work right). Ive read somewhere of some ones fix for this, so I'll look that up. Thanx for the responses everyone.

Here is what I did. And this is just genius. In highschool I was really into drafting, so I've always had those mechanical pencils and mechanical erasers around. the blue clicky ones made by saedtler. So I was screwing around and figured out that the blue housing for the eraser fits PERFECTLY around the feed spring. It's a little tight, but to the point where it doesn't move unless assisted, but not tight enough to constrict. I just cut a piece long enough to fit between the inlet of the gun and the mag. Keeps it from binding, so no feed problems. Now that that is fixed (I swear it's like whack a mole, one problem fixed, another comes up) I found that my motor adjustment screw keeps backing out to the point where the gears disengage! So I took a u.s. Quarter and put it between the gb and that spring deal. Problem solved, for now. It's only temp till I figure out something better.

Here is what I did. And this is just genius. In highschool I was really into drafting, so I've always had those mechanical pencils and mechanical erasers around. the blue clicky ones made by saedtler. So I was screwing around and figured out that the blue housing for the eraser fits PERFECTLY around the feed spring. It's a little tight, but to the point where it doesn't move unless assisted, but not tight enough to constrict. I just cut a piece long enough to fit between the inlet of the gun and the mag. Keeps it from binding, so no feed problems. Now that that is fixed (I swear it's like whack a mole, one problem fixed, another comes up) I found that my motor adjustment screw keeps backing out to the point where the gears disengage! So I took a u.s. Quarter and put it between the gb and that spring deal. Problem solved, for now. It's only temp till I figure out something better.

what i did was apply blue thread lock to keep it form moving once i got it to the right position.

• 2 weeks later...

still waiting on the gears in transit, but when you compare them next to each other it looks like it will work flawless. I wasn't aware you was waiting for me to actually test it, i will do that some time this week.

as far as the future set up:

Element 300% Gears

Systema Magnum

Guarder sp130

5KU air nozzle (polycarbonate)

Lonex Polycarbonate Piston

JBU cylinder head (alu)

JBU piston head (alu)

11.1 lipo

Quite a list. That thing should rock. You should post up your results when done. I finally chrono'd mine with a gaurder 140 spring. 380 fps and that's with a jbu tightbore. But after a hundred shots or so i swapped back to the original spring and the gear box locked up, no idea why. Gonna check the motor first. Also ertgunner could you send me a link for the air nozzle? Thanks.

380fps off of a Guarder 140 is about what I got with mine when I had it all tuned up, using a cut down G&G SR25 air nozzle. Even with a Guarder 150 spring I was only able to get to 405fps so your build sounds a lot like how mine went. I have tried just about every combination of parts and I have yet to be able to really break the 400 mark. At this point I have given up on trying to make it shoot harder and just focused on reliability (Which is going about as well as boosting FPS).

Well I'm glad to here that the sr-25 nozzle works. I might have to pick one up. Yeah I'm learning how much of a p.I.t.a. This thing is. When we chatted earlier josiah you weren't kidding. F'd up thing is I've had it for 5 months and only used it In One skirmish, did get a kill though.!

I had an A&K M60VN. Very little work was required to get it shooting at the FPS I wanted it to. I used an Guarder SP140 spring getting 470fps and a Super torque up motor. Otherwise everything else I used are all stock parts. It was the most trouble free upgrade I have had.

One thing I did notice was the insider of the hugely long outer barrel was not straight, which then seized up the barrel, preventing the barrel return spring to push the barrel/hop unit back towards the mechbox. I used a large file and enlarged the insides of the barrel till it moved in-out smoothly.

I also added a layer of superglue ont the inside of the air nozzle, which adds an extra layer of plastic, and prevents airleaks without an O-ring'ed airnozzle.

Since then I sold the A&K M60VN (and bought an inokatsu M240B with MORE airseal and feeding issues), but I am looking for an A&K MK43, as the M60 was so consistent and reliable I can't see it going wrong with just its stock parts.

I'm also having issues getting perfect compression on my MK43, I'll try some different parts though to see if I can get it more consistent.

A major problem I'm having with mine at the moment is the hop. Any time I shoot the gun normally the hop will not take effect at all giving me a very poor range, however if I lift the box mag up (as the nylon is sagging) then I get hop and a decent range. Has any one else experienced this?

I'm also having issues getting perfect compression on my MK43, I'll try some different parts though to see if I can get it more consistent.

A major problem I'm having with mine at the moment is the hop. Any time I shoot the gun normally the hop will not take effect at all giving me a very poor range, however if I lift the box mag up (as the nylon is sagging) then I get hop and a decent range. Has any one else experienced this?

now that is a very odd problem, are you sure the mag is actually causing the problem, it sounds like that the front end is sagging. Try tightening the 6 screws in the middle of the body.

if its really the mag adding cardboard on the inside of the mag and add Velcro on the mount should help.

That is a weird problem. If you read some of my earlier posts you will see how I remedied my mag mis feed problem. As for your hop up, check and make sure your nub is in there. I've read countless threads saying this is a problem. The hopup is a very simply designed piece. Very easy to use, and work on. A lot easier than an m4 style. As for the body sag, I also remedied this by just drilling the wholes all the way through. Now I just have 3 bolts.

Archived