Please sponsor me!

Pinhead

Hello All,

Firstly, I hope it's acceptable to post this. If not, I hope the Admin Team will please accept my apologies and remove/move as necessary.

I come cap in hand to ask you all to please sponsor me!

http://www.justgiving.com/sean-kielty/

A couple of months ago, a work friend of mine's son, Pat, a serving Paratrooper in the British Army, was on foot patrol in Afghanistan. He had an encounter with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). The bomb only partially detonated but was still strong enough to cause the loss of one of Pat's legs.

Pat is a big Rugby fan so many of his friends and friends of his parents are cycling from Bullingdon Prison in Oxfordshire, UK to the Prison Service Rugby Festival in Coventry, UK - a distance of around 50 miles - this Wednesday 27 April 2011. We're doing this to help raise funds for the Afghanistan Trust and also directly for Pat and his family to help pay for the necessary alterations to their homes.

I haven't been on a bike for a very long time but the discomfort I'll experience will be nothing compared to what some of our fantastic service men and women (and their Allies) are going through.

Please sponsor me and help these brave people. It doesn't matter how much you give, just that you do give! Anyone from anywhere can donate but if you're a UK tax-payer, don't forget to agree to Gift Aid too as we get even more for each pound you donate!

If you're on any of the social network sites, please let your friends know and encourage them to visit too!

My donation page stays active for at least 3 months after the event.

Thank you all in advance.

Sean :D

Archived