CA M24 with PDI Upgrades

Make: Classic Army / PDI

Gun/Model: M24 SWS

Accessories: Scope, Bipod, 4 Mags, BBs, Original Parts

Condition: Good

FPS: Average of 442fps with 0.2g BB over 10 shots with XCORTECH X3200

Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: Yes / Yes / Yes Read below

Price/Payment: £400 Collected / Delivered more (weighs a lot!) – Willing to listen to sensible offers.

Pictures: Yes – below and my Flikr page here

5923328419_977b975570_z.jpg

Before I begin: apologies for the huge post – this gun deserves as much detail as possible.

For sale is my Classic Army M24 with PDI upgrades. Selling for two reasons, Firstly: My local and most frequented site is tiny and huge sniper rifles are not needed. Secondly: I cannot be bothered to fine tune the setup again.

I had this rifle set up really well. Was scoring long range hits consistently with no problems. Played at a site with a lot of dust/sand and some of this got in the mech. I stripped it down and cleaned it thoroughly. In doing some I removed the hop chamber and thus its settings. I simply don’t have the time to sit down and put the 100 rounds through it needed to set it up again.

I ran this rifle on guarder .4s. Very consistent shooting and laser straight trajectory. Hit a lot of body parts poking out from behind barricades and caught a fair few people by surprise with its long range accuracy.

The CA M24 has a lot of unique features. The main three which interested me were: The rock solid and heavy construction. This is built like a tank. The second is it comes with what is almost a zero-trigger as standard. You can adjust the pull very easily and the trigger pull is identical no matter what spring you use in it. The last is its looks. It looks amazing, especially with the after-market flash hider.

5923328429_3e5acd96ff_z.jpg

So here is a summary

The good points:

• Lots of PDI upgrades + the original parts.
  • Feels and weighs very realistic. Not like those toy like plastic VSRs.
  • Looks amazing.
  • Adjustable trigger pull from very long/light to short/hard – the stock CA trigger unit is awesome.
  • When setup up correctly it can and has hit a head size target at 70m, a body size target at more. With an uprated spring it will reach out to 100m.
  • PDI Hop unit has ultimate fine tuning. Has left and right up/down control via 2 grub screws.
  • Great scope (Replica Leupold MK4)– looks and plays the part. I have bought three of these for various rifles because I like the looks and performance.
  • The construction/body is strong enough to survive being fallen on/smashing doors down etc *
  • Adjustable butt pad.
  • Solid bipod with spring return extensions.

*NOTE: I have not fallen on it or smashed any doors down with it!

The bad points:

• Needs to be setup. I had this setup wonderfully; however on a very dry dusty site the mechanism got filled with grime. I stripped it down, cleaned all the internals and set it back up. I simply don’t have the time to set it up again.
  • Magazines & feeding: The PDI hop is a bit notorious for not liking magazines. They are a bit difficult to insert and will sometimes need to be wiggled into place to feed properly. I’m sure this can be fixed with some time and patience.
  • The catch on the FAKE mag holder (where the mag goes in the real weapon – does not affect the airsoft version) has worn down. It does hold the cover for a bit but it can drop down (purely cosmetic). I have it held in place by electrical tape. You can remove if you want and it will not affect the rifles performance. I know some people have resorted to gluing their catch down.
  • One of the screws holding the scope rail disappeared. This has been replaced by a higher quality stainless steel screw. It is silver instead of black but quite well hidden under the scope.
  • The scope has low mounts to improve accuracy. However the bolt does just scrape on the scope. So there are obvious marks of where this has happened.

Note three of the above "bad" points are cosmetic only!

5923381371_775e336e76_z.jpg

The package includes (installed):

• CA M24
  • Harris Style Bipod (spring return).
  • Replica Leupold MK4 Scope 3.5-10x50E – Red illumination with 11 brightness levels + OFF.
  • PDI M24 Hop unit.
  • PDI Vacuum Piston.
  • PDI Cylinder including head.
  • PDI Spring (440fps with 0.2g BB in current setup).
  • PDI Spring Guide.
  • PDI Palsonite bolt handle.
  • PDI Bolt handle balls/spring set (I will throw in the spare ball/spring with the rifle).
  • Laylax ( I think ) flash-hider.

Extras also included:

• 4 x CA M24 Mags (quite hard to come by – so I bought 3 extras when I found them in stock). Filed in order to fit and feed better in the PDI hop unit.
  • 1 X APS2 Mag which previous owner tried modify to fit. Consider it non-working in this setup.
  • CA Stock cylinder complete (handle, cylinder, piston, spring, spring guide, cylinder head)
  • CA Stock hop unit.
  • Approx 250 Guarder 0.4g BBs.
  • Approx 500 Madbull 0.4g BBs (I found the Guarders to be much nicer and feed much more consistently).

5923328481_601ac9a72a_z.jpg

I have tried to be as blunt and honest as possible in the description above. I want to make sure the buyer is aware of everything before buying. Please if you need any more information at all; PM me and I will endeavour to assist.

Collections / Sales in person much preferred. I live near Castleford, West Yorkshire but can travel a little. This package weighs a lot. Expect shipping costs to be high.

YOU MUST HAVE DEFENCE AGAINST THE VIOLENT CRIME REDUCTION ACT OF 2007. THIS CAN BE IN THE FORM OF A SITE MEMBERSHIP, UKARA MEMBERSHIP OR A GREAT DEAL OF EVIDENCE (SUCH A SKIRMISH DIARY). YOU MUST ALSO BE OVER 18. I WILL NOT TWO TONE THIS RIF. ALL DEFENCE/MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE VERIFIED BEFORE I SELL THIS RIF.

Swaps / Splits / PX etc:

I am interested in trades for 7.62 belt fed RIFs only (M60, GPMG, HK23s.. PKM.. ( I can wish...)).

May consider other 7.62 based RIFs.

NO M4s, M16s or Armalites of any description!

Splits available only when main gun is gone.

-Sam

5923328459_c3ac0ced15_z.jpg

• 7 months later...

£350 collected.

Offers welcome.

Trades welcome - as long as they are not silly. The only armalite I would be remotely interested in is an SPR MOD0 with midcaps. Dont bother with any other varient. An M60 would be great :)

Any questions, ask away.

• 1 month later...

£320 collected. £350 Delivered (poss less; but it will be sent with full insurance, 24Hr service etc - This weighs a ton!).

Trades still available, very interested in 7.62 based stuff. Must have midcaps (or have them readily available to buy).

Archived