Table of Contents:

Basic Information

Ordering

First impressions/Packaging

Flashlight details

Pros/Cons

Overall

Basic Information

SureFire has been producing high quality flashlights for years. They have a lot of different models to suit each user’s needs. This review will cover specifically the 6PX Pro model. The 6PX Pro is the aluminum bodied version of the G2X Pro. They are essentially the same light and operate the same way by pushing the clicky switch on the tail cap. Push once for a low 15 lumens, or click it twice for a blinding 200 lumens.

Ordering

http://www.surefire.com/6PX-Pro

I did not obtain this flashlight directly from SureFire. I also didn’t plan on making a review, so I threw out all the packaging. If you really want to know what the packaging looks like, Google it.

SureFire has the 6PX Pro listed for $115, however, you can find it elsewhere much cheaper. I got mine for about $90 shipped on eBay.

First impressions/Packaging

Like I said, I threw out all the packaging. The flashlight was lighter than I expected, weighing in at only 5.2 ounces with batteries. The anodized aluminum gives a very nice feel and the white trademarks are a nice touch. Overall, the 6PX Pro looks very tactical and feels like it’ll take a good beating and still perform.

Flashlight details

Here’s the description given by SureFire on their website.

The 6PX Pro's high-efficiency LED—virtually immune to failure since there's no filament to burn out or break—provides two light output levels: a brilliant, penetrating, perfectly pre-focused 200-lumen beam, and a 15-lumen low-output setting that lets you greatly extend the runtime per set of batteries, an invaluable option when you find yourself miles from civilization. Press the tailcap switch for momentary-on low, press further to click constant-on low, return to off and press or click on again within two seconds for high. The high-strength aerospace aluminum body is smoothly sculpted for a comfortable, secure grip and is hard anodized to military specifications for extreme resistance to scratches, abrasion, and corrosion. A polycarbonate micro-textured reflector delivers a comparatively wider beam with generous peripheral light. We also make a polymer-body version of this light, the G2X Pro, and a single-output version with a tactical tailcap switch, the 6PX Tactical.

Now on to the pictures!

The 6PX Pro will come with 2x SureFire CR123 batteries already in the flashlight. When you need to replace the batteries, simply unscrew the tail cap.

6473642869_a568715862_z.jpg

The reflector is textured, giving the beam more of a “flood” like characteristic. It still does give a nice focus beam though.

6473643427_5e0a64cc3f_z.jpg

Nice anodized finish with those nice white trademarks I mentioned earlier. (I think they're laser etched?)

6456272153_36dcf6f1fa_z.jpg

Here it is on the lowest setting, 15 lumens with a runtime of 45 hours.

6473643817_6e1f95e2f8_z.jpg

Here it is on the max setting, 200 lumens with a runtime of 2 hours.

6473645113_5d6642d81b_z.jpg

Mounted on my ICS SIG552

6468585055_cf9f3655cb_z.jpg

Pros:

Built to last

Extremely Bright

Compact Size

Has two modes for EDC use and tactical use

Nice anodized aluminum body

Cons:

Might be expensive for some

Batteries can get expensive

Little bit heavier than other EDC lights

Overall

I needed a flashlight that I could depend on time over time, hence why I picked SureFire. The 6PX Pro made the final cut because of its dual output settings, anodized aluminum body, and long runtime. I would indeed recommend the 6PX Pro to anyone looking for a nice, affordable EDC light.

I would like to thank SureFire for making such a nice product, and Arnies Airsoft for hosting this review.

Edited by Nitiwat
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, originally I bought this light to be part of my EDC carry. I later realized this would also make a nice weapon light, but yeah, if you're in a situation where having the light on or off really matters, it does get awkward. It works better in a "click and stay on" situation :)

Besides, I heard the pressure switches on the replica 95xx's give out fairly quickly and the fact that I'm a broke college student hinders me from purchasing the real one :(

The sig was the closest gun to me, so I grabbed. Surprising, this light looks nice on it :)