ACM 1911/MEU Guts into PGC Frame

intinerious

Hey all,

My friend has a PGC MEU kit that he's not using any more since I got him a HurricanE Custom Covert II Kit for cheap. It's been sitting dismally in a locker for almost half a year already.

I want to find a way to reuse that kit again, since from the abuse the kit took we won't be able to resell the kit at any significant value. Therefore, I was wondering whether anyone has experience in fitting ACM guts into a PGC kit.

Reason why I need to ask is I tried fitting Bell 1911 internals into my stock TM MEU plastic frame before since the Bell frame's grip screws snapped off from being pot metal. The problem with the kit was that the inner frame sear disconnector locking pin or the hammer pin will not fit since the holes were casted at vastly different positions. Either I flex the frame so that the sear disconnector pin fits through or the hammer pin (the obvious choice would be the sear pin since without the hammer pin the gun will still function) does.

Since the Bell inner frame cannot fit the TM stock frame, and that the PGC's outer frame is based on the dimensions of the TM inner and outer frame I'm wondering whether any of the Tercel or ARMY guts will fit if anyone's ever tried it. If you've tried it with a stock TM plastic frame please let me know too since that should indicate whether the ACM inner frame can fit the PGC kit.

I don't want to buy a new TM gun since I have other airsoft projects ongoing that's draining my wallet and given the condition of the PGC kit itself; I might as well turn it into an inexpensive shooter with any of the spare parts I've got left without the feeling that I need to baby my gun from being thrown around, etc. like my current MEU turned Kimber SIS kit :P

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Archived