Tokyo Marui Mark IV Series 70, Short Review.

Ok so first of all i will say two things:

1. No pics for the time being as i am at work and while i have time to chat on here i don't have access to my airsoft kit :P

2. First review and it is only a quic one to point out the differences and such.

Now down to business, to all those that have owned a Marui 1911A1 or a clone all this will be familiar, to those that haven't, why not, go get one now and see how good they are.

The pistol is a typical TM offering, handles hard gasses, shoots straight and true and features a huge aftremarket, especially as the 1911A1 has many kits already available for it.

However in a side by side comparison let me tell you about what has changed and if this pistol deserves the £160+ price tag.

Firstly the finish, it is beautiful, based on pictures i have seen of the real thing it just can't be beaten, the silver ended outer barrel just adds something a little different too. The only issue with the externals is that the hammer could have been cleaned up a bit on the silver sides but it still looks good.

Next the controls, well what we have is a full size 1911A1 but with the thumb safety and trigger length of the Detonics, seeing as the original Detonics is based on this model i am not suprised. The thumb safety is perfect for anyone that likes a little extra size to it but doesn't want to have it extended, making a nice gap between size and holster fouling. The trigger is slightly longer and instead of checkering the face of it is lined, but that is personal preference. The rest are A1 style and just as good.

Finally the pointless extras, the grips and the bushing. The grips, really not to my liking after using a real pair of them so i went for the A1 style for a slimmer grip. The bushing. well it makes no difference to the operation and on mine has been swapped out for an A1 style too.

And just when you thought it was all over we come to what i call the best bit, the new sights. With a wider and stepped front sight and a deeper channel in the notch Marui have done what Colt did, give you a set of sights the same height as a those on a A1 but improved them to all better quick shooting, just what a pistol needs, all it would need is a few dots and it would be perfect.

Anyway thanks for enjoying this short look at the Series 70, as for an ending is it worth the price tag? If you are in the market for a 1911, have £160 and prefer a gun that is a balance between user friendlyness and not fouling on holsters the Series 70 is for you.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Add a few little differences i missed between the 1911A1 and the Series 70.

The frame at the front doesn't feature the finger indent, which allows for a different grip, along with the different grip safety makes it higher and easier.

Personally this gun does function as a perfect gap between the bells and whistles Night Warrior and the classic A1, hance why i have it.

'FireKnife'