VFC and G&G SCAR internal differences

MRF

OK. We all know that VFC SCAR looks better ;). But on the other hand, I had an opportunity to play with G&G one around, and I can't say it looks bad.

But what about internals. What are upgrade capabilities of those two ?

I managed to find some scraps of information on the internet but it's just not enough to verify which one is better for performance tunning. G&G seems to equiped with standard V2 gearbox, and my local hobby shop was even replacing stock GB for KWA reinforced type once. At least they say so.

I will be grateful for any single technical details You can give me here - GB parts and skeleton compatibility, any hop-up issues etc.

Thanks in advance.

I own the G&G and it's a solid performer.

There are no internal issues to be aware of but the most annoying thing about it is the battery solution. The stock houses the battery and to get to it you need to remove the stock. That's fine, however getting the stock back on is another matter. When you put the stock back on there are two prongs that go into two connectors to complete the circuit. If the prongs aren't aligned and you force the stock on then you will bend them and then you'll have to straighten them out again.

It takes practice to get the technique down to getting the stock on without bending the prongs but in the end it's not a huge hassle if you're careful.

Another thing to note is that if you disassemble the gun a lot, you might round off the screws that hold on the fire selectors so they're loose and might fall off. G&G do sell replacements for fairly cheap and if you don't plan to do regular strip downs then they're OK.

If you've got any other questions feel free to PM me. :)

I previously thought the G&G SCAR was unbreakable, but I had a failure on the trigger contacts which was resolved and needed modding - works fine now, but this occurred after only 2 months of ownership. It sounds like I'm downplaying how good this RIF is, and that's not my intention - I really love it! It's brilliant. Essentially I bought it from a shop offering a 2 year warranty for peace of mind and I have that as well as the performance.

Hop up unit is good with a nice rubber giving decent range. The adjusting dial is characteristically stiff - but that is a benefit in my eyes, as it will mean less fine tuning in the long run. Also comes with a 6.04mm TB barrel as standard. Accurracy wise I have no qualms - for most scenarios you will not have issues. I expect if you want to make a DMR out of this there may be better options or some upgrades required here. I have run it with a 4x scope in the past and found it to be 'good enough' but always felt I could do with more range. This may be more to do with my lack of experience than any technical issue with the SCAR, though.

The point Mr Wild makes about the stock and battery solution is valid, but with a bit of praccy it's almost a non-point. Simply tilt the stock end-piece onto the contact rods BEFORE pushing the stock back into place and you will be fine 10 out of 10 times.

Thanks for first replies.

Does anyone of You guys own both VFC and G&G variant ?

Actually what I want to achieve is solid platform with FPS rate not higher than 450 FPS at its maximum. And the question is which replica allows to do this without paying its double price for internal upgrade parts... VFC internals have very bad press within my local airsoft community, but I am not sure if I can trust this opinion, because many players here approach to upgrade in very simplified way. Something like "hey, let's put some stronger spring here and let's see if it could fire 500 FPS with no other single part replaced".

To be honest, some comparison picture of those two replicas (for external reference) would be most welcome too.

I do not own a VFC, but have handled a TM SCAR (perhaps not useful for your investigation, apologies).

Hm, well here in the UK our SCARs were downgraded to around 328fps - however they are 410 fps out of the box. When firing in the shop it was most definitely rapid, but I did not get to field test it in this form.

Are there any aspects of the externals you want to focus on? I would be happy to take some pictures for you. :)

Well, folks in my local airsoft store claim that G&G SCAR FPS rate is around 390. I guess it varies within different batches. So, If I could limit playing with internals to precision inner barrel, and perhaps new nozzle, piston and its head perhaps it should give some FPS rate increase without stronger spring inserted, which is always risky.

Now I have to wait for VFC users opinion, or better opinion of someone who handled both.

Archived