Blank slide for marui 1911, carbon steel frame?

DFM56

I'm looking to start a marui 1911 build to replace my aging PX4. I need a blank slide with no front cocking serrations or other markings, preferably without rear cocking serrations as well. I can deal with forward swept rear serrations if the slide has no other features. 

The reason why I want a blank slide is that I'll be milling all of my own features in it. I want to build a matching real steel 1911, and milling an airsoft slide first would help me lock down any fixturing, milling, and aesthetic problems without ruining a $250 STI or Fusion slide or $350 frame in the process. My plans are front press check cuts (also known as 'high-power cuts,') a flat/serrated slide top, and scaled rear cocking serrations. The frame will get a countersunk takedown lever hole and a carry cut, plus whatever I feel like taking on for front strap work. 

I've been looking on WGC for slides and haven't found anything I like. I'm not really into gas pistols as much as AEGs, so I'm sure theres a good shop out there that stocks more parts like this that I don't know about. Are there any brands I should avoid? If anyone can point me to a brand or a store that I can look at I would really appreciate it. 

TomCBobtailXLPress-3x.jpg

This is close to what I want to end up with, just a different finish and a 5" slide. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Guarder 1911 kit, totally blank except for some forward facing rear cocking serrations. Got it off WGCShop. Got the slide & frame for $88

Thanks, but the front serrations go a little too far back so I won't be able to mill them all off.

Check prog4 and I think you could get a blank slide if you asked for it via email.

Thanks, I'll send them an email and ask

Archived