Well MP5 SD5

So, despite multiple people telling me to stay the hell away from this thing, I bought it: the Well Mp5 SD5. Unfortunately, I accidentally all external pictures of it, I'll put some up later on when I put it back together. 

Externals:

Externally it's all quite glossy plastic other than the stock and grip, which have a nice matte finish. The mag release, trigger, and charging handle are all plastic. No RIS rails unfortunately. Pictures coming later when the gun is back together.  

Internals:

aFD6QBJ.jpg

"XYT" gears, plastic spring guide. The piston head and cylinder head have absolutely amazing compression, but it's let down by a crappy nozzle with no o-ring.

uy80BBJ.jpg

One interesting thing is that the spring is really short- it doesn't even fling the spring guide (which is plastic, by the way) out the gearbox or anything.-

bxASprk.jpg

Oh. ######. Well, it would've still been pretty short if it wasn't dead.

Here's the hop-up unit with an aluminum barrel installed:

8AnpPnA.jpg

Here's said unit next to the original brass barrel:

IPbNjxW.jpg

It seems quite wobbly, but does work. May need some shims or something to keep it more tightly in place.

Overall, I'd say that this gun is a good deal at £60.

UPDATE: Okay, the hopup unit absolutely does not work for me. This isn't even close to the worst thing that you can get for £60, but you can get far better stuff if you spend more (of course). Whether or not the £60 saved is worth it to you is a personal decision.

Pros:

-very cheap

-TM compatible v2 gearbox

-Metal charging handle (hkslaphkslaphkslaphkslap)

-sight adjustable for windage, 4 arpetures to choose from

-included suppressor is somewhat functional (although most noise comes from the gearbox)

Cons:

-ineffective hopup

-no rails

-wobbly fire selector

-handguard is a bit wobbly

-pretty poor quality control

Edited by Argoms

I dont think you can include iron sights and a supressor (since its a sd) as a pro. I mean it would be a con if it didnt have , but its like saying pro; this sammich has bread either side.

Gearbox does look ok for the price though.

The suppressor is actually functional, which is the pro (although a lot of noise comes from the gearbox stock). Similarly, it's iron sights' adjustability. I know that there are quite a few guns that don't have adjustable sights, especially flip-ups, so it's just something to note.

Edited by Argoms