TM AUG High Cycle/JG AUG series compatibility

DamnLion

Do any AUG owners know of the interchangeability here?

I'm looking to convert my JG AUG military to an A3 USA Civi version - first the top rail that exists on the TM AUG High Cycle:

03442dac38.jpg

I would guess that if the TM AUG's and the TM AUG HC's externals are comparable, the JG is too?

Thanks

The tm and jg are not totaly compatable, there are minor differences between the fit and finish on the receivers . I had various off key issues when I used an a3 front end on my tm aug . The receiver catches / lock at marginally different . The jg front fits the tm stock only if you force it but the tm front end will fit the the jg stock , albeit with a bit of wobble . Feeding is affected in both cases unless you pack and mod the gun a bit . I would expect the same to be true with the high cycle gun . Also the high cycle has a different trigger mech . It has a semi lock off on the two stage trigger .

Personally I would just buy a tm high cycle and not bother with the jg . The jg hop , motor , barrel is inferior to the tm . By the time you have replaced those bits and a few more you may as well have brought the better tm in the first place !

The only reason I know this is due to the fact of me having to go through the process of trying to get my tm aug working again with its tm front end after having fitted a complete jg a3 front end to it , in the misguided hope that I would have a quick change front end for my shadow aug .

I ended up with all sorts of problems after the jg front end messed up the lock for the tm stock by stretching it a bit to enable it to fit .

I have had various techs scratching their heads trying to solve the issues .

After a year of messing about and changing deformed bits , my tm is now back as it originally was . WORKING !!!!!

Archived