Colt Canada C8 SFW Package - Guarder. G&P, TM

Bachelarius

Make: Guarder, TM, G&P, others

Gun/Model: Colt Canada C8 SFW

Accessories: 16" Barrel extension, Clone EOTec 551, 4x rail covers, Vert Grip, 2x Mid Caps, 2x High Caps, 2x lipo batteries.

Condition: Lightly used, Guarder kit weathers beautifully.

FPS: 346 +/-2fps

Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: N/N/N

Price/Payment: £350, including postage and Paypal fees.

Pictures:

C8SFW_Cover_small.jpg

Hi all! Long time no post :) As I have not been out on shoots so much lately and as we are expecting our first child in the coming month, it's about time I got around and sold a few of my secondaries!

Up first, I have my Colt Canada C8 SFW (formerly Diemaco) - the Canadian non-export variant of the now well known British L119A1. It's been in the works since late 2012 and is finally ready to go to a happy new home! Based around the Guarder body which, unlike the G&P bodies, still has that amazing click-clack pop-open dust cover when you charge the rifle, making it a lot more fun to rack and play with!

This rifle is built up of the following parts:

Externals:

• Guarder C8 'maple leaf' Body
  • TM standard Trigger Guard
  • TM Sopmod KAC rail
  • Custom Lathed Aluminium removable barrel extension
  • Inner barrel is set up for the short variant, not the long (External Barrel Extension is purely aesthetic)
  • CA inner Barrel
  • Guarder Stowaway 2 pistol grip
  • G&P Outer Barrel, front sight and birdcage flash hider
  • Classic Army buffer tube and CAR-15 style sliding stock

Internals and mechanical bits:

• JG Gearbox and various internal fiddly bits
  • GATE PicoSSR Mosfet, housed within the gearbox
  • Element Ultra Torque Neodymium motor
  • Rear wired with 16AWG silicone wiring & Deans connectors
  • XYT Steel 18:1 Gearset, shimmed with care
  • Metal Bushings
  • Mix of SuperLube and Guarder grease
  • Guarder hop up and rubber
  • O-rings to force the hop against the gearbox.

The reason that the rifle took so long to finish was due to the fact that I like to make my rifles not only nice to use, but also easy to work on and maintain. So I spent a fair amount of time with the dremel, fettling away and polishing it to make the Guarder body actually nice to work with. The Receiver was converted to have a G&P style sliding disassembly, so you don't have to completely disassemble the lower just to remove the upper to change an inner barrel or something. The fit is still extremely tight, with no wobbles, and there are no visible artifacts of the change.

I personally am not a fan of 'battery boxes' or bags, so it was a challenge to get this rifle to perform well without affecting the rifle's silhouette. The infamously cramped internals of the SFW lead me to use the frankly fantastic PicoSSR 2 mosfet, safely housed within the gearbox itself. I refused to compromise on using small connectors, so stuck with my usual Deans and 16AWG wiring combo, with the Turnigy 7.4v 20C 1000mAh battery (great, powerful battery and cheap to buy extras!) powering the whole thing from within in the buffer tube. This setup, does happily last a good long while, with my style of play. If you prefer to use bigger cells, there is a small hole already present in the sling plate, ready to use with something like a faux mag pouch battery or similar - no soldering or re-wiring necessary.

I have asked for £350 for the entire package (and would prefer to sell it as such), which includes all the above. I will only consider splits only after the main rifle has gone. Testing and pickup is available from Didcot, Oxfordshire and any questions, offers or requests, please do ask!

Looking forwards to making the new owner very happy!

post-61966-0-07143800-1433168422_thumb.jpg

post-61966-0-45291300-1433168423_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-84859300-1433168424_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-19775400-1433168427_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-48462600-1433168429_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-62539900-1433168432_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-18093000-1433168435_thumb.jpgpost-61966-0-00740600-1433168439_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived