Nova SAI slide kit - WE M&P9c

Safeword

Hi, just wanted to write a little about my experience with the Nova SAI slide kit for the WE M&P9c or small bird i think they call the gun  :P

I got this kit second hand, kinda, a friend of mine bought it and it was damaged during shipping so there was a tiny scratch on the front and the front sight were missing. He didn't bother buying a new sight so he sold the kit to me, I have ordered a Detonator fiber sight that ill install as soon as it gets here.

I put this on a HK3 M&P9c, installation was easy, plug and play without any modifications really.

tumblr_nwxuz4ASj91ur6nigo4_1280.jpg

But then the problems started, it did not cycle at all, the outer barrel didn't go up enough and got caught on the edges on each side of the loaded chamber indicator. This did some damage on the outer barrel, nothing serious but you want to save that gold paint on the SAI models  :D

tumblr_nwxuz4ASj91ur6nigo2_1280.jpg

So I tried with the original barrel and the same happen so I suspect its the slides fault, why this happens I don't know and I have to many projects going so I don't really have time to find out. But I wanted it to work and cycle properly so I thought of numerous ways to fix this but went against my own way of overthinking things and just put 4 layers of black electrical tape between the outer barrel and hop unit. Now it works 100% and cycle perfect every time.

tumblr_nwxuz4ASj91ur6nigo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwxuz4ASj91ur6nigo1_1280.jpg

So my final thoughts about this slide kit, it is beautiful and easy to install, apart from the outer barrel problem, I think this is one of my favorite slide kits I have installed on any gun. Cant wait til I get the front sight to complete this beauty  ^_^

Archived