Gun/Model:Hk417

Accessories:See below

Condition:Very good

FPS:375-380

Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:No to all 3

Price/Payment:£350

Pictures:Yes

Hi all

This rifle comes with its own epic story of heartache and accomplishment, along with several accessories and other bits and pieces.

C68A1C6C-B874-41C9-8B09-561AD866ABE2_zps

I was one of the first to take on this new system back in early 2014 when it was released and over the course of a year I had several issues with jams and double feeding. What was happening was when firing the bolt would bounce when it chambered the following bb and it bounced just enough to chamber a second bb.

So I then come across a 417 user from Germany that was making custom stiffer springs and steel buffer upgrades. He claimed that this would eliminate these double feeds that was the result of bolt bounce. Sceptical but intrigued none the less, I purchased these upgrade parts and I've never had a single problem with this rifle since.

I have a playlist dedicated to this HK417 on YouTube detailing the saga from start to finish.

Here it is in my final video detailing the solutions:

[video=youtube;2TFILqIhn4I]

You can see how it used to perform and what is like now, because of the stiffer spring and steel buffer, this has the hardest recoil I have ever experienced on an Airsoft GBBR. The screws and bolts on the rifle need to be tightened down on this blaster because it gives you such a kick.

It is also worth noting that due to these upgrades the gas efficiency has been reduced however not so much that it's ineffective for skirmishing. It'll happily empty a magazine and lock back when empty, then still would be fine for another mag fill if conservative.

The only negative I see since this upgrade is just slight wear of the inside of the upper receiver where the buffer completes its journey and comes to a rest. (Detailed in the photo below).

E7D7AF61-D761-4BBA-AA6E-FD30689C42A6_zps

95EA4F45-B5C9-4D3A-9A55-A5A5A0D5A6D0_zps

Also to note the pin for the charging handle latch has been epoxied in place so it doesn't shake off and be lost forever.

846D5E1E-4036-407D-8C76-0560692AA331_zps

Aside from that, the hammer spring is also custom. It is able to activate the valves on the magazines even if one is using higher pressure gas like Guarder black. Speaking of magazine valves, two of them have the A plus ramjet valves which makes the rifle fire more consistently and crisper.

Original mag valves werent good at all, they mostly began to slow the action right down when the magazine was getting cold.

On the third magazine it has an Azimuth hi flow valve that is originally for the 416/M4 sized magazine but the striker pin wasn't long enough for the striker to reach. So I unscrewed it to the same length as the A plus valve and secured it with ptfe tape and now it's just as good as the APlus and it won't come loose even with the recoil.

A5FF8559-2FBE-4724-8F40-DB78E46B4FCB_zps

Other than these internal changes, the rifle has been skirmished for one morning only and then spent the rest of its life being tested in the garden. Therefore external condition is very good, the upper receiver is new and is free from an optics mounting marks (I did have another upper receiver but I sold that on). Internal wise the FCG is in great shape (all steel apart from the trigger).

C5D4B243-0AEA-41F1-8E4C-18848DD981CE_zps

35D40CEE-95D1-44F3-AEB6-51933FBC768C_zps

BCG has wearing and marring but worn in well, as long as it's oiled up slick it's great. The bolt lock is about as reliable as a TM M4 ZET bolt lock. It has never failed to lock on empty..ever.

6A93034F-535A-419E-9D69-3905076F406B_zps

22BA0952-8643-493C-A2AB-D3E7AAD206D2_zps

E8891097-E52E-4ECA-8ABF-49A03ECB8E22_zps

Hop up isn't too bad on this rifle, I've tried different barrels and buckings but mainly focused on getting rid of the bolt bounce. At the moment it has the stock barrel with WE's new gen hop bucking and it shoots remarkably well with .3's.

A9E19A85-E420-40FA-9282-076BC4BFD26F_zps

4B8AEDAC-3D47-4B7F-A8C7-ECA01EA1C767_zps

New owner can trial out whatever works for them and seeing as this is a great base for a DMR being semi auto only, intermediate buckings and barrels are a must...along with bipod and a huge scope!

Here pictured as a basic DMR setup:

497aa10b244064b551419aa771c7a12d_zpsdf4d

So with the long tale out of the way, here is what you get with this rifle:

•3x leak free 20rd magazines with upgraded A Plus and Azimuth valve (Also two mags have replacement WE fill valves)

•Upgraded spring set, Buffer 140% Spring and 130% Hammer Spring

•Custom Steel Buffer

•AngryGun Tight Bore Barrel(not fitted, it was 360mm but cut down to 320mm)

•Original Spring set and Buffer

•Hop Up Tool

•Box with instructions.

Apologies for the long post but this is to show you all exactly what you would be getting, it has been a long road to get it where it is (mainly due to upgrade parts only just becoming available). Now I'm done with this project and onto other things. On propane this rifle is producing about 375-380 but given the upgrades it would probably be best ran with Guarder Black gas.

I dread to think how much I have spent on this rifle but it's looking like it's almost towards the 1k milestone. I'm after £350 posted to your door. Buyer must cover the PayPal fees and all gas in the magazines will be depleted before shipping in accordance with shipping regs. However magazines will be lubed up to prevent drying out in transit.

Any questions feel free to ask and thank you for looking.

E58AAD75-B699-4C75-87B9-0009DDDA2BFB_zps

7F69F7D8-6373-43FA-A524-21663C164311_zps

Archived