Lambda Defense Mk48/Maximi notes

On 4/21/2023 at 2:07 AM, ardrummer292 said:

Does anyone have any information on the new Bullgear hopup unit for these guys? Link:

https://bullgear.net/hop-up-lambda-defense-mk48

It seems there's some demand for a replacement hop unit, presumably because the stock cast unit doesn't have great airseal. I'm wondering which air nozzle they're designed for.

Highly recommend AGAINST that unit. It would not fit the internal dimensions of the outer barrel/receiver and when I tried to get it to fit, it jammed with BB's, thereby breaking/stripping the gear teeth on the piston. I asked for a refund, still waiting. 

I would recommend instead the Macaron bucking. with a M120 spring, I was getting 435 FPS with a .20g BB. 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:29 PM, NevadaZielmeister said:

Highly recommend AGAINST that unit. It would not fit the internal dimensions of the outer barrel/receiver and when I tried to get it to fit, it jammed with BB's, thereby breaking/stripping the gear teeth on the piston. I asked for a refund, still waiting. 

I would recommend instead the Macaron bucking. with a M120 spring, I was getting 435 FPS with a .20g BB. 

Well sh*t, I already have it in hand. Was really hoping to use it to improve the airseal, since the stock unit seems a little leaky.

I'll fiddle with it to see if I can make it work. Either way, I'll report back with my results.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: got the Bullgear hop unit installed, plus a Lonex LMG air nozzle. Preliminary results are excellent. These parts, combined with a Prometheus 460mm 6.03 tightbore and purple bucking, yield ~386 +/- 4 fps w/0.30g bbs. This is about 2.09 J, or 475 fps w/0.20g bbs. Results were obtained with the stock M140-ish spring installed.

Fair warning, the Bullgear hop unit has a weird clamshell design. It took me a bit of head-scratching to figure out the proper method for installation.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Another update: I'm having good luck with the Lonex LMG air nozzle + Bullgear hopup unit combo. I have installed this setup on a second Lambda Maximi with similar results to those above. I plan on doing the same to a third Maximi, which will be gracing my work bench shortly.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, ardrummer292 said:

The bipod is… okay. Better than any other airsoft MG bipod (not counting my old Inokatsu Mk43), but still not as sturdy as the real issue item. I imagine it’s easy to install a real bipod, or at least as easy as doing so on a CA/A&K M249.

I spoke a little too soon on this topic. One of the Maximis owned by a friend fractured the stock bipod. He sourced a real-steel replacement, which wasn't too terribly expensive. Note that the UKSF Maximi uses an older-style standard M249 bipod, not the newer side-folding version or the prohibitively expensive Mk48-specific bipod:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/49505

I plan on whacking a short section of 1 1/4" OD x 1" ID aluminum tube inside it, which is required to make the real bipod fit. Link to my guide showing the same bipod upgrade process on a CA/A&K M249: