This UNIONTAC 6094K Plate Carrier recently crossed my path, it's a “based on” the iconic LBT 6094 plate carrier, seemingly there are multiple 6094K variants circulating on CN webstores, i  didn't took the time analyzing & comparing all this versions, but i will make an in depth review of this specific version i got from the UNIONTACSTORE

Z6lG4KL.jpg

1.0 Introduction

The LBT 6094 plate carrier is unmistakable one of the most iconic plate carriers, ever used by the US SOF, developed, and made by the renowned London Bridge Trading Company (LBT) Which besides has a quite remarkable origin story as well.

gQ8FI20.jpg

Dr Doug McDougal, the founder, and Chairman of LBT, was a professor in a medical school in Norfolk, East Virginia, As a militaria enthusiast, and trader (hence the name) he turned his hobby into a business, pursuing his dreams. Nowadays LBT is a company with manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, and El Paso, Texas, that employs more than 250 people.

DougOffice_1024x1024.jpg?v=1536863202

1.1 The Review

The 6094K is very well made, and finished in 1000D Nylon fabric. I have the Ranger Green version but there is also a black, and multicam version. In the following chapters I will analyze, and describe all of the components.    

2.0 Front Plate Bag

A. Outboard.

Starting at the top, whe have a narrow, zipper admin pocket, on top of that pocket a 4x2 Molle zone, covered in Velcro, which allows attaching patches, tactical phone cases, admin pouches etc…Left, and Right of the zipper, two straps for attaching a PTT, or drinking tube.

A bit lower on the plate bag, we have the two QR buckles for attaching a placard, or rig of choice, this system allows a quick, and easy transition of setup depending on the “mission”/game. on the left and right of the buckles, two Velcro attachments, for securing comm’s cables, and drinking tubes.

If we lift the (included) placard, whe have 6x single Molle row, which allows attaching classic, non QR, front panels below that Molle row, the wide Velcro path, for the Cummerbund and front panel attachments.   

2OzD9IM.jpg

B. Bottom.

To the bottom of the Front Plate bag now, and the actual purpose of it: the insertion of the “ballistic” plate. 1e whe have a wide Velcro flap covering the opening for about 90%, under that flap, there’s a second, narrower Velcro strap, which allows securing multiple size (E)SAPI type plates, the double strap system secures the plates rock solid in the Bag.

Behind the main Plate Pocket, there is a second, more narrow pocket, which can be filled with the slimmer soft body armor panels,or other more creative stuff. 

2pD8EKT.jpg

C. Inboard.

The inboard side of the Front Plate Bag, has no extra liners, here we see only two wide vertical Velcro zones, allowing attaching comfort/ventilation pads (available but not included)

On top of the plate bag we see the adjustable shoulder strap  attachment straps (more of this later in this review)

r8ldNan.jpg

Check out my complete 6094K photo gallery to discover all the details 

3.0 Rear Plate Bag

A. Outboard

The Outboard of the Rear Plate Bag is one full 6X6 molle Zone, without any extra Velcro.

At the top we have a rigid, ex tractable integrated drag handle, which extends for about 0.5 meter,  the top half of the drag strap is stiffened witch makes is easy to re-insert the strap, hand handle (which comes in handy if you wanna practice/play combat casualty extractions) 

Left, and right of the Rear Bag two Velcro straps for attaching Comm’s cables, and drinking tubes, same as on the front bag.

The lower half, of the Rear Molle Section is Velcro attached and can be lifted, for attaching the cummerbund, under that Velcro panel there is also a “tunnel” shaped channel for allowing a flexible cummerbund setup (more on this later in this review)  

5o69I2O.jpg

B. Bottom

The bottom section of the Rear Plate Bag, is identical to the Front Plate Bag, which i have already described in chapter 2.0.

C. Inboard

The inboard of the Rear Bag is also identical to the Front Plate Bag, with two wide vertical Velcro zones, and Shoulder strap attachments.(check chapter 2.0)

tjx3D9L.jpg

4.0 Shoulder Straps

The Shoulder straps are a simple, yet efficient, and rigid system, the strap is looped true to both the Front, and Back Plate Bag attachments and can easily be set at the required length/size by the means of the Velcro straps. Once set, the straps can be covered with the to include thick padded Shoulder Strap Covers, the covers are equipped with extra Molle straps, and Velcro cable/drinking tubes traps

EAqBaUa.jpg

10Jbu9u.jpg

5.0 QR connectors

The 6094K plate carrier comes with QR connectors which allows a quick doffing/undoffing

on both the Shoulder straps, and cummerbunds, if wanted one, or both, of the Shoulder QR buckles can be replaced by a fixed (included) square loop ring.

WicxykM.jpg

The QR connectors

Are made in ROC style, ROC Stands for Rapid Open Connector, and is made by the Italian 2M, and is also called the 'European Tubes', it is a similar system of sliding closures, the ROC is even so similar to the TUBES that First Spear started a lawsuit against it in 2018

6.0 Cummerbund

Exists out of two identical, mirrored, halves, at the front ends, We have the QR connectors which are permanently attached, the very outer halve of the QR connector can be 

Velcro-attached to the Front Plate Bag, once set, the Plate carrier can easily be doffed, and undoffed without struggling with large Velcro flaps.

A minor point of this system:  it occupies quite some Molle space in the front!

i would better if the QR buckles could be removed (at least at on side)  

At the rear/outer end of the Cummerbund, we have the elastic adjustment, by means of a bungee cord the cummerbund can be set to the required size, while allowing some expansion while moving (deep) breathing etc…The Cummerbund can also be attached fixed straight to the wide Velcro zone of the Rear Plate Bag. 

The outsides of the Cummerbund are fully covered with 10 X 3 Molle straps, (depending on your own circumference of course) allowing a wide range of freedom in setups. 

At the inside various pouches, and pockets are integrated, such has S-SAPI (Side Sapi) pockets, the flap of that pocket is made in such a way that, when tucked in creates a shallow non-closable pocket, behind that compartment there’s kind of a long pocket, made in mesh liner, which can be closed with Velcro, the very front of that pocket (close to the QR) has an elastic fastener inside and a retaining closure on top, thus creating an integrated radio pouch, mag pouch etc…

The lower half of the cummerbund inboard, is lined with a thick, padded belt, for optimal wearing comfort, the top of that belt is open, allowing once again sliding stuff between the torso and cummerbunds without losing them.

HgCa0WU.jpg

mXSMNMO.jpg

7.0 Placard

The 6094K kit comes with a triple M4 flap-pouch placard. Each pouch can hold 2 M4 mags, a sturdy elastic strap on the outside secures the mags tight in the pouch, this allows also to insert other mags (like MP7 for example) the long flap, and long Velcro strap allows securing multiple Mag types, and secures the mags really good, has mentioned before it's a QR placard which can easily be removed by releasing the QR buckles.

JgG8XiU.jpg

8.0 Conclusion

Has mentioned before: this 6094K version isn’t an exact repro of an existing LBT 6094 model (and therefore not really suitable for an accurate US SOF impression) 

it would be nice if this model would be available in more colors, and the frontal QR closures would be removable. 

That being said, the 6094K is a nice, versatile plate carrier very suited for a freestyle (Airsoft) kit. thx to the wide coverage of Molle and integrated pouches, the Plate Carrier can be built up in various configurations. The simple yet effective design allows a wide range of size adjusting.

Since the 6094K is based on the iconic LBT 6094 model the overall looks are solid and realistic, only a milsiminded addict will be able to identify the differences

8OZ2J16.jpg

PUZ03gk.jpg

RlfN87I.jpg

Edited by aac
  • aac changed the title to Review: UNIONTAC 6094K Plate Carrier