Newbie dinosaur intro

Greetings, all! I'm a retired Science teacher living in Thailand for the past 21 years. I grew up shooting (real steel) and have only gotten into airsoft about 2-3 years ago. My first purchase was a Snow Wolf M24, and last year I bought a KJ Works MK1. I recently learned about the short-comings of the KJ's hop-up bucking and was researching ways to change/improve it, and found an article on Arnie's Airsoft that was VERY informative, from back in 2015. I actually registered today just to be able to send my thanks.  One of the MANY problems with living in this country is the lack of availability of parts, because of the way they do business here. Imagine 5 shops (A,B,C,D,E) and 5 wholesale-suppliers (1,2,3,4,5). OK?  Now the fun part...Shop A may be 'contracted' with suppliers 1, 4 & 5;  shop B with 2 & 4, etc. These shops CANNOT order parts from other suppliers with whom they are not contracted. So finding parts can be a nightmare. Some shops (like the ONE in my hometown here, Khon Kaen) can sell you a rifle, and some add-on parts, but not a hop-up chamber or bucking, etc etc because THEIR supplier does not stock it. I've had a bit of luck recently in finding a shop in Bangkok to order some parts from, but again, they do not have everything I would like to order. 

As I mentioned, I'm retired, and a bit old to go running around in the woods, so I do not "play" airsoft, I do ONLY target shooting, and occasional pest control (rats near the garbage can or pigeons on my window-sills. So, my needs are simpler than most airsoft guys, but also a bit more exacting.  I have a tech background, but no tools more complex than a drill and a couple of power saws. I built a range for plinking, using some un-developed land across the street from my house. Luckily, my house is on the last street in my development with no one across from me, so my wife and I use it as a large garden, and my shooting gallery. I've attached a 'drawing' and a photo just for fun.  If anyone can share any info or tips about the KJ MK1, it would be most appreciated. And if anyone has any questions about living over here, I'd be glad to try and help. Cheers!

20230508_.thumb.jpg.13cae3c576aacb73f4d9e9c061b1907b.jpg     739085169_20230508_zoom4x.thumb.jpg.e8b35361bc7c9222668709a19aa25052.jpg1585904325_streetviewandgardenrange.thumb.jpg.4c3c56804202837d0c35d519616bbd82.jpg

Edited by dschmidt