Custom Slings

Agent47

I've got a dilemma here.

I have a Chalker sling, but the problem is that the "sling" attached to it is too flimsy to be used on my AUG at all. What I intend to do is shown in the below link:

Sling Concept

70DC01BK.jpg

Chalker Sling for reference.

The problem is, how exactly do you make this sling? I was thinking of cannibalizing some of my old slings I have as well as taking parts from my old tennis bag, but then again, I don't think I have all the parts necessary (including machines) to make this thing. Then again, are there any kustom sling manufacturers around here somewhere?

Try visiting your local haberdasher and ask for nylon webbing and buckles. I think www.specwargear.com does military grade OD webbing by the foot. It's a simple process to build your own slings if you have some time, patience and a pair of needlenose pliers to force a needle through nylon ;)

Haberdasher may be good enough to put it toghether for you if you specify what you want. Not sure who can make a custom sling for you but I'm sure some of the more experienced geardos do.

Try visiting your local haberdasher and ask for nylon webbing and buckles. I think www.specwargear.com does military grade OD webbing by the foot. It's a simple process to build your own slings if you have some time, patience and a pair of needlenose pliers to force a needle through nylon ;)

Haberdasher may be good enough to put it toghether for you if you specify what you want. Not sure who can make a custom sling for you but I'm sure some of the more experienced geardos do.

uhhh...I don't think your haberdasher exists in the US (here it mens seller of men's clothing) but hey thanks for the tip.

I am not sure, but I may be able to help. Can you let me know the distance between the front and rear sling swivels when you route the sling the way you require it. Could you also let me know how far you want the attachment loop to protrude past the rear sling swivel and whether you require a black or olive sling.

Cheers

Rifleman

Archived