1100mA 8.4V mini type NiMh

Nicho

1100mA 8.4V mini type NiMh,

So with this you dont use a discahnger?

So how long will i no how long to change it for?  :blink:

I have one of these (irrelevant i know :P )

Its a NiMH battery, so there's no need to use a discharger as they don't have the 'memory' effect that NiCad batteried can suffer from.

If you are charging from completely flat, use the equation below to work out the battery charge time (i'm sure there must be a sticky about this somewhere). This is the equation for NiMH batteries only. NiCad batteries are more charging efficient, so the constant of 1.5 is replaced with 1.4 for NiCad batteries.

Charge time (hours) = battery capacity (mah) x 1.5 / Charger output (ma)

So for your battery, using for example a 1a charger (this will have to be adjusted if you use anything other than an 8.4v 1a charger):

(Note that 1a = 1000ma in the same way that 1kg = 1000g)

1100 x 1.5 / 1000 = 1.65

This is as a decimal. In hours and minutes it is 1:39

Hope that's helpful.

I no how to change it, but how do i get the bat flat so i can change it up full, as i dont no how long to put it on for now you see.

Also am i have just been using arnies_batt_calc this ok to use for my batts?

£20 at Z1 you can get a charger with auto shut off ;) i just got one and it works nicely :)

I no how to change it, but how do i get the bat flat so i can change it up full, as i dont no how long to put it on for now you see.

Geez...

Use your imagination. Shoot your gun, attach a bulb, attach a discharger, attach a PC fan.

I'm sure 2 million years of evolution has left you with a brain large enough to figure out a way to flatten a battery. :rolleyes:

Geez...

Use your imagination. Shoot your gun, attach a bulb, attach a discharger, attach a PC fan.

I'm sure 2 million years of evolution has left you with a brain large enough to figure out a way to flatten a battery. :rolleyes:

Yes, like Hissing Sid so 'kindly' said :P

Shoot your gun, or buy a specified discharger. Alternativeley you can fairly simply make your own discharger with a bulb or small fan.

Also yes, auto cut off chargers can be bought and fairly cheaply these days. If you're not sure what you're doing then this would not be a bad purchase.

Archived