HFC USP Takedown

GigaScythe

Okay so I've taken out the side screw that allows me to lift up the front part of the outer barrel and slide, but the back won't seem to move. Is there some screw connecting the hammer mechanism and frame that I need to unscrew to allow it all to come off?

Pic:

exampleusp0qm.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I dunno which I had but I'm 90% sure it was a HFC. Assuming that that is the springer, You'll need to slide out the Pin on the bottom of the mag-well at the bottom of that silver Weight and then pull the weight out. Take a long Phillips head screwdriver and where the tip of the weight went in is a little screw that needs to be removed in order to get to the internals.

Then do what you did for the front part of the slide and it'll come apart.

Disaster. Everything came apart and springs and screws tore asunder.

Progress:

finalex6ix.jpg

I can't seem to get the cluster of pieces there back together with the slide so that the spring doesn't fly out. I know how they're MEANT to go but I can't get them that way.

The last bundle circled in a reddish blue is what I need to actually get back in the slide, but it just won't go!

Ok well you must've put it in differently from how I did it my first time but here's what you should do.

I'm assuming that the Recoil Spring and Rod are what's giving you the most trouble. Well just Detach the rod and spring and stick the Barrel Unit in.

Now, Compress the spring and hold the rod like you would a Syringe (Like how someone gives you a shot) and stick the end of the recoil rod through the small part in the slide keeping the spring compressed. Now, the Rod should be half through the end of the slide, and the sping on the other side.

Pull the rod back towards the direction of the hammer, and stick the notch part in the barrel unit and let go of the spring.

It's really not hard when you do it but it's very hard to explain.

After that stick the top half on the Frame and put the slide release back through, and carefully test it by pulling back the slide and shooting it but keep pressure on the slide because the other screw isnt there to keep it down.

Ok, I think I just firgure out that on the HFC the Rod needs to be in first, i was thinking about my M9 :P

Well here's how to do it:

Just stick the rod in the Barrel assembly, and (This is assuming that after you stick the rod in, you have to push it "Down" (Referring to the top/sites, and the bottom/Mag.) and it will kinda lock in.) put a finger between the rod and the barrel to keep it locked in.

Put the Spring on the Rod and use 2 fingers to keep ot compressed. and stick it in the slide.

Watch how the trigger goes because I think I remember a silver rod which connects it to the hammer section.

But that should be it.

I got it all together more or less successfully but now I have a seperate problem, in that something seems to be faulty within the trigger mechanism. The trigger is extremely loose and falls back and forth even just by gravity, I don't have to be touching it. So I've taken it apart again and taken two pics from either side of the gun - can you see anything wrong here?

slide11ou.jpg

slide29fc.jpg

I'm unfamiliar with this problem but Here's 2 possible solutions.

1. The spring appears to be big enough to be able to go in the Slide release hole, so it may go around that.

2. The spring is in a upside down V position, for it to work it needs to be in a V position (An extremely stretched V that is.

Just move it around and try different positions. Hmm that sounds odd.

I'd give you a better explanation but mine is superglued together. I got sick of the weight falling out. That and the slide cracked so i took the main spring out and all it does is sit there now.

Archived