Maruzen 870 gas problem

Wood

So i recently got a second hand Maruzen 870 full-stock gas shotgun, and as expected, there was a problem. As soon as i loaded up the gas, i could hear air leakin out from the hose. So i stripped it down, got a new hose from the hardware store and soon found out it's near impossible to get that hose at the right length, and still get it to fit in the stock without kinking. By the way, if anyone has it figured out, lemme know. I attached a length of it without the stock just to see if it would leak, and sure enough theres air leakin out at both ends. So i went to the auto parts store, and got and equal size tube thats a lot more flexible. However, that too was leakin at both ends. Now i was figurin maybe i just need a smaller diameter hose, but i also wanted to get the CO2 rig. If anyone has had a similar problem, lemme know what i gotta do to fix this. Any input is welcomed

when i bought a new hose it was slightly smaller in diameter but was like a stiched version kinda like fabric so it was really flexible, also helpful is to loop the hose slightly round the stock pipe to get rid of more kinks. i too am lookin for the cheapest place to get the CO2 rig in the UK and also for a sawn off handle/stock? should fit okay with this type of hose.

I'm talking out my *albatross*, here, as I've never seen the internals of a Maruzen 870. However, since you're speaking of hose it sounds to me like there is a length of hose slipped over the ends of a couple of hose barbs somewhere in the gun? This being the case, you may want to look into getting yourself some small fuel line clamps from a lawn mower shop to help secure the hose to the barbs. Just a thought...

Archived