CA 36 _ Piston locks up - what to do?

Iuris

I recently bought a CA 36, and was very impressed with the thing. The only problem is that the piston has now twice locked up - twice i have used it, and twice it has locked up.

Since fixing the problem requires the disassembly of the gun, which I rather leave to the local expert to keep my warranty, but this takes time, not to mention it's downright frustrating.

What could be done to improve the reliability of the gun? A new piston? Run through a few hicaps on full auto?

(EDIT: OOPS, somehow this landed in the project suggestions instead of the technical discussion general. Will repost there)

Well, the first time it happened, I took it back, it got fixed, and they told me the piston locked up. To my untrained mind, the whole gearboxenginepistonthingie is one confusing jumble that I can understand only in theory.

I know the same happened because the symptoms are the same as the last time, and situation was the same, too. Fire at semi auto for a while, adjusting the optics, a burst or two, leave it be for a while, take it up again, slowly squeeze the trigger in semi auto and klunk - no bb coming out.

Well, the first time it happened, I took it back, it got fixed, and they told me the piston locked up. To my untrained mind, the whole gearboxenginepistonthingie is one confusing jumble that I can understand only in theory.

I know the same happened because the symptoms are the same as the last time, and situation was the same, too. Fire at semi auto for a while, adjusting the optics, a burst or two, leave it be for a while, take it up again, slowly squeeze the trigger in semi auto and klunk - no bb coming out.

That sounds a bit like ######s. I wouldn't trust anyone to upgrade my AEG but myself, as all the shops just want to make a profit out of you.

I'll wait for people with more experience of the Version 3 GB come on, as I've only tinkered with a Version 2.

I have no idea about the ver.3 gearbox, it is possible the semi/full auto cut off is mis-placed, I was rewire my M15A4, which is a ver.2 gearbox, and the piston locked, so, I finally found out it's the semi/full auto lever(switch) is mis-placed, and I fixed it.

Archived