OFP/VBS1

para-trooper

any of u guys played? i think its great :) , got some screens here of VBS1 (its simulater used by the USMC, IDF & ADF :) i plan to make some sigs and avtars outta em. if your interested PM me, if u don't like the pics drop me a line and i'll see what i can do :P

i take no credit for these screens as these were made by a fellow OFP/VBS1 lover ;)

tsf3.jpg

tsf2_909.jpg

tsf1_456.jpg

27.jpg

Some pics I made ages and ages ago.

Ready to meet your maker?

ah601.jpg

Setting up a perimeter...

bhinsert2.jpg

A force to be reckoned with!

checkpoint1.jpg

See you in valhallah!

closequarters.jpg

Oh noes!

comedygold.jpg

Something I made for "OFP photography"

f15e.jpg

Something else I made for "OFP photography"

m2machinegun.jpg

Ratatatatat

minigunclose.jpg

Good night, sweet prince!

scoped.jpg

Join the rangers!

usrangers.jpg

The 160 SOAR - yet another "OFP photography" pic.

160soar.jpg

The MBT of the future! Just some random 'magazine poster' I made...

mbtfuture.jpg

This is why you do not ###### off the USMC. They have mechs.

usmc-wanzer.jpg

Just for laughs... :)

badday.jpg

badday2.jpg

matrixspoof.jpg

i love this game... i run fdf as well but im currently running full ww2 setup.. ppsh in cqb = god mode.. then all of a sudden a mg42 guy opens up. Ill be honest though this game sucks.. hear me out. This game was introduced with bouncing tanks you shoot them they bounce the mod community is what makes this game great especialy the russian contribution i love seeing modern bmp3's and modern russian infantry mods designed honestly and accuratly. Plus putting modern russian troops against ww2 germans has a nice feel to it.

ok ill back up a little, nobody would play this game if it was not for the mod community. And i dont like the company cause of they horrible shape they released the game in as well as the fact that i buy the game and then they made me pay again to get resistance cause they wouldnt release the updates from cold war crisis to resistance. i think thats a bad deal. So basicaly the only reason this game does not suck is because of the mod community. Its like they designed a good engine and threw it into the market with 1.0 european version and then bug fixed it and released it to the US then they came out with more updates and just when the games starting to get fixed months if not a year later they stop updating for a long time.. then come out with a new for sale version of it including updates that are critical that they made you pay for again!

The hell?

So what if they released the game in a horrible shape? It was one of the first games that let you do "everything". The fact is, most 1.0 games are buggy to all hell.

You say "they made me buy resistance after OFP", well... yeah. It's an expansion pack. Many games do this.

I think 1.91 OFP rocked, even without addons. But yeah, the addons heavily enhance it.

Kinda unfair to say that such a great game is ###### without the addons though... you have to remember how much goddamn work they put into it.

Resistance WAS an expansion pack. It even bloody says so. :) It added alot of new features to the game. Well worth the purchase if you ask me. :)

At least they gave us a good campaign too, unlike codemaster's red hammer... jesus, that sucked.

:P yea man it says on the box it is, cuase it added stuff like pistol support and stuff :P a totaly new hi res island, engine improvents so u could have really high detail terrian and stuff :P not to mention the resistance addon weights about a gig on ur harddrive, i think its a good expansion pack
thats it im yelling at a wall get me outta here!

:D u either love it or you hate it :P , ofp is a bit like MARMATE. but please remember what do you expect from a game thats nearly 4 years old :huh: , course a game of this vintage is surely gonna look old and creaky nowadays :) , least its not like the sims where a expansion came out every other month :o . bring ofp2 and long live ofp for being the best ever war simulation

Archived