Tanaka M700 hicap

KyberAuZ

First off, are they compatible with KJW M700s? Secondly, I read somewhere that the gas capacity is the same as the standard mag. Is that true? If it is, does that mean all that extra space on the extension, aside from the BB track, is wasted, hollow space? $90 seems steep for a $30 mag with simple wall extensions. I'm thinking of picking up a couple of these for my weapons, but these two questions would best be answered first, I figured. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi there

I have a Tanaka M40a1 and have three 29 round mags.

I have no problems with them and find that one gas fill allows me to fire nearly three mags worth of BB's with no noticable loss in performance (although I havent chrono'd to prove it)

I have never have a standard mag, therefore cannot compare the two.

Also I dont know if they are compatible with KJW.

HTH

Have one, and yes, it's compatible with the KJW M700 (I have two of em).

The magazine is actually two pieces: a stamped metal box and the gas reservoir.

The gas reservoir is larger than the stock mag.

Picture a slightly slimmer stock magazine that has two aluminum cylinders threaded into the bottom of it - that's the gas reservoir part - and then the whole bit stuck into that metal box.

One thing you'll need to do is figure out how to keep your bbs clean if you play in a dusty area. The bbs are exposed to the open air as they sit in the feed channel.

Archived