Dropped My Knight's SR-16

Pain_is_Red

Not one of my most proudest moments I must say. I was trying to remove the lower rail on the gun and it slipped, the gun landed on its side barrel first. There is now a wobble from left-to-right of where the impact occured - I am not sure whether or not that wobble was already there however. I put the tool for unclogging bbs into the barrel just to see if there was any resistance due to a broken inner barrel, etc. but it seems to be fine. So I am confused to where this wobble is coming from. It seems to be coming from the spring plate part the holds the rails together, or perhaps just after that, inside the receiver. I'm thinking it may be part # MA-16 (for those who have the M16/SR-16 manual handy) but I'm not 100% on it.

I was thinking of taking it to my local airsoft shop and see what they think, however any helpful ideas are more than welcome!

the barrel wobble is normal on TM M4s

Yah, I had heard that, but this wobble seems rather noticeable and only wobbles to the direction on where the gun was impacted. Like I said before if it is from dropping the gun I can't see where the wobble is coming from without stripping it down and really examining it, which is something I'm not to keen on. It sucks that the "local" airsoft shop is an hour and a half drive from where I live.

it sounds like you have slightly deformed the hole in witch the thinner outer barrel sits in...

you could tighten the screws ... but these are rather weak.

if you remove them and re-tread the holes to m4 instead of m3 you get a much securer grip, and this will eliminate all wobble in this area.

Remove the entire RIS unit (4 simple screws on the upper part) and tighten the delta ring that connects the outer barrel to the reciever.  It should be fairly clear what needs to be tightened once you remove the entire RIS unit.

Yes do that.

You'll also want to check the screws in "MA-16" to make sure they are tight. And check the rail on top of the upper receiver to make sure that is tight too. If not tighten the screw at the front side of said rail.

If you're lucky that's all you'll have to do. If you're unlucky, you may have broken the tabs on the upper, or otherwise damaged the receiver.

Archived