Quick Edit and other thing...

Helloooo all...

Another forum I frequent, this EV Nova board makes use of one cool feature...

Quick edit, as I call it.

picture19ro.jpg

Note down in the lower right hand side on the Edit button is a Full Edit (which takes you to another page and there you edit it) and a Quick edit, which is in use on the main body of the text I've typed up.

I propose a proposal proposing a new proposal ( ;) ) which allows us a similar thing. What's cool is once you hit Complete Edit, JavaScript I believe even updates the message body to reflect the changes without having to reload the page. :)

And, another thing, which I've seen on these forums, albiet not reliably, is this...

picture23jy.jpg

The folder icons to the far left with the _| on the folders indicates a thread in which you have posted. I've noticed these forums have a similar feature, but it doesn't work reliably, IME.

Of course, I think the quick edit feature is handy and dandy, 'specially with mods and what not.

Attack away! :rvbteam: (BTW all ya Unrelenting people, I've got a better one :P )

They are running a newer version of Invision Power Board. I'm hugely reluctant to upgrade to it as it'll mean...

Upgrading the blog system

Upgrading the gallery system

Upgrading the review system

redoing the skin for the forums

reintegrating the forums with the rest of the site

reworking all the mods that we have applied

...and a few other minor things :)

Well it's a good idea and something that I'm looking into, it's just going to take a few days to code that all up, plus I need to update the license for the software we use here to cover the version change as well.

It's on the cards, just not this week. :)