CD Radio enthusiasts?

I've just bought a Kenwood th-234 radio and I'm really new with this. We call it HT (handy talky) over here. Its for monitoring police radio...and dont worry coz its legal. I'm signing up for a neighborhood watch program arganized by the police to help them monitor anything from illegal activities to simply serve the people better.

I wanna know if all the codes they are speaking are international standard or no. What is "tune", and in lamen term what is repeater, etc. Thanks

I've just bought a Kenwood th-234 radio and I'm really new with this. We call it HT (handy talky) over here. Its for monitoring police radio...and dont worry coz its legal. I'm signing up for a neighborhood watch program arganized by the police to help them monitor anything from illegal activities to simply serve the people better.

I wanna know if all the codes they are speaking are international standard or no. What is "tune", and in lamen term what is repeater, etc. Thanks

Codes are not international (i dont really know at all)

Tune youd have to give me a context on could be tune in a channel means switch to that chanel likewise with tune in a conversation or tune in the fire department. Or maybe you just cant sing.. your out of tune.

Repeater is a device that basicaly can over double an officers range of transmit with his radio. it does this by taking his transmission in on one frequency commonly called an offset and then retransmits it again at higher power since a repeater tower is generaly higher up it means that as long as your radio signals can get to the repeater and you can hear it from your distance then you can reach someone on the other side of the repeaters coverage. Great tool for ham radio operators.

etc... what etc? ptt means push to talk etc?

Archived