5 Inch or 6?

HeavensSniper

Sorry for yet another thread about my Infinity 6 inch slide search, but I havn't been on Arnies for a few weeks and couldn't find my origional thread. Anyway, my question is, is this a slide for the 5 inch SCW or the 6?

http://www.gunsnguys.com/home_ie5_1024.htm (SV Signature Metal Slide 2 Tone MSHC-087-TT)

My other question is this: I have heard and had confirmed that a Infinity Expert slide will NOT fit an SCW1 (Ltd.) because of its Bomar rear sight will not fit the Experts Novak slot. Upon looking at the the GunsNGuys page, I found Novak front and rear sights. My question is whether or not I can substitute these sights for the Bomar if I end up getting an Expert slide?

Thanks!

Looks like a 5 inch slide. Regarding putting the expert slide and sights, there could be an issue with the blowback chamber from your old slide not having the right holes for a novak sight, but i'm not sure, they could have holes for both types of sights which would make sense. You'll have to wait for a reply from someone more ...insightful heh heh

Looks like a 5 inch slide.  Regarding putting the expert slide and sights, there could be an issue with the blowback chamber from your old slide not having the right holes for a novak sight, but i'm not sure, they could have holes for both types of sights which would make sense.  You'll have to wait for a reply from someone more ...insightful heh heh

Thats what I was afraid of... Both the slide and not having compatibility.

I guess we need more insight, though? :D

EDIT: OmG!!! After looking at the page again, it turns out that they have the slide I wanted from the very begginning! It is the "STI Custom Shop 6 Inch Metal Slide 2 Tone" about halfway down the "Others" page. Now, I am sure that fits my gun, but just confirm it for me. Pretty please?

Here is the description if you don't wan't to look for it.

"For WA Magna Blow Back Hi Cap / SV 6" Series, by PAP"

That slide won't fit, since it's for an old Magna infinity. You need to find one specifically for an SCW infinity.

Oh come on... Seriously? Is there anything I can do to make it fit?

EDIT: Oh, so I have four choices from DEN Trinitys 27 pages. Lets see... Black, Black with "Big R", Silver, or Silver with "Big R."

Lets eliminate the black, because it would look messed up. Two choices now. Silver, or Silver with "Big R."

What the hell is a "Big R" anyway?

I am ###### to say the least.

EDIT again: Turns out there is a "Small R" aswell. Wonderful.

Archived