ICS CAR-97 M4

billymak

This isn't right :( , and I need everyone's help (mainly Sid's)

I've done a bit of a search but found no similar topic, just to let Gestapo know.

Just got my ICS M4 from zero one couple of days ago: :lol:

The entire front sight bit seems to have a slight rotation to the right side.

This has caused some confusion when I tried to "zero" the AEG. Not that it's much of a zeroing session as my back garden is only 10 metres in length.

Thinking it was shooting left, the rear iron sight was promptly shifted to the far right.

that didn't help much.

Today I tried to stare at my gun to get answers.

Which is when noticed the the foregrip/guard thing was not centered as the groove bits on the top was not in line with the carrying handle!

I looked further and realised the front sight was off too.

I tried to unscrew the 3 allan-type screws to loosen the front, then re-screwing them back on with the front aligned as "true" as my short sighted eyes allow.

The problem is still vaguely disrupting my abilities to shoot straight :unsure: (not that I would need to at AG!!!! lol) so I now ask if anyone has come across this problem?

Or that anyone knows the ICS M4 better than I do *looks at Sid* to please reply or PM me.

thanks a lot people.

Billy

Erm...

Sorry but my ICS M4 is on the other side of the world to where I am at the moment, so I can't look at it and tell you what to do.

To clarify, you're not saying that the outer barrel is bent, are you? You just mean that the front sight has rotated round to one side. Is that right?

If the front sight is twisted out of true then this will also explain why the handguard isn't aligning either since the handguard locates into the sight assembly.

I've never taken the front sight off my M4 so I dunno if the barrel has any kind of flat on it to locate the sight positively. TBH, I'd say your best bet is to loosen the allen screws that join the front and rear halves of the barrel and rotate the front half of the barrel until the sight is aligned correctly. If you do this, don't forget that that there are allen screws on the top AND bottom of the collar.

If, on the other hand, you think the barrel is actually bent out of line then I'd get on to Z1 ASAP and get the gun sent back to them. It's probably been mangled in transit.

The way the outer barrel is pinned to the receiver means that there's no way to adjust it.

Archived