New to the game

AnnaTrocity

So, yeh. I've been curious about airsoft for a while, I played a little backyard paintball when I was a youngster but never managed to get into it to any real deapth due to the prohibitive costs. Also didnt really like the way the guns were so unrealistic.

But I'm older and richer now, I'm an avid firearm collector and shooter and the fact that I can play with realistic copies of guns I own or even just wish I did is appealing. ;)

I finally went down the local airsoft store a few days ago and poked around. Handled a few things got a feel for stuff and came home and looked for reviews. The reviews section here was a tremendous help in helping me select my weapons of choice.

In the end I bought a classic army mp5a4 with foregrip light and a classic army m15a4 carbine.

Been having a blast plinking with them and have my first game day tomorrow so we'll see how it goes

Next on my list is probably the Western Arms Beretta 92. They have a version which is more or less identical to the Vertec 92 I have so I'm looking at that.

The thing I'm wondering is that I've read that they often have poor gas consumption and can't quite finish their mag. That doesnt really bother me that much as I'll probably download them to 15-16 rounds as per the real thing. In any case, my question is wouldnt changing the magazine provide a fresh supply of gas to fire the magazine with?

Ie, shoot 16 rounds, reload, shoot 16 more, etc.? Or does the gas need to be replinished a differant way?

Archived