star minimi problem

nitrox

ok got a star minimi the other week seemeds to fire fine when its warm but not when cold

right what happens is when the mag is first connected and fired the bb,s come out very slow landing no more than 10ft away from me then as i keep the trigger down the bb,s start to travel faster and gain range when its warmed up the fps is 331

i'm thinking the piston seal is real bad i have sealed the hop and the cylinder head as described in other reviews and this has increased the final fps but still getting the warm up problem

i'm thinking of replacing the piston head would you think this is the right course of action to resolve this cold / warm problem or do you think there is a more obvious problem

any help would be great

and thanks in advance

cheers

scott

I think there were quite a nice guide for fixing that "warming up"-prob in the "Star M249 Examined" thread. It can be found on the readers reviews-section of this forum or just simply using the search.

There are many, many pages and I can't recall where on that topic the guide was, but it was something regarding to nozzle size changing in cold or something like that, I think you'll find it using the "Search Topic"-tool.

Also, the original piston head is pure..(you know what), so changing it might indeed resolve the problem. I had to change mine, and I'm currently running on TM stock one, but I'll get my Systema bearing'd duracon head in few days. The original didn't seal any air, and I wouldn't be amazed if the o-ring of the original piston head would suffer from freezing or something..

If I remember correctly, I was adviced that any other than Star's original cylinder head won't fit, so don't waste your money on a new cylinder head.

Archived