Xm-26 Combat Shotgun

Snipper

I was browsing the internet the other day and i stumbled across a very nice looking weapon :P ---- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XM-26_Shotgun.JPG

It was on wikipedia and it was the Xm-26 Combat Shotgun, i saw that it looked like it was based on an M16 receiver and it was magazine fed. It fits underneath an M4 and is basically a newer version of the masterkey set up but mag fed. I was wandering if anyone could make it, it just looked like a really nice project and if it works, it would make an awesome show peice or even skirmishable weapon. I was thinking u could try to fit gas shotgun internals inside an M16 receiver and then add a barrel from another gun onto the end. How you could make it eject shells i have no idea, but it seems like a pretty sweet project to do? :)

It said on the website that its under development by the US army and you could add a pistol grip and collasible stock and use as a standalone weapon, if u could fit reverse RIS onto it you could mount it onto any weapon with RIS or even onto a G&P Knights Standalone luancher set up?? Anyone who plans to do this should put up step by step pictures so the rest of us can see how it is coming along etc.

for the slightly more realistic (not to mention cool looking) approach, you could try one of those new chines (double eagle i think) spring ejector shotties, they have long mags. theyre meant to fire about 250fps i think, but i recon with some tinkering you could improve that

the only SA gas shotty i can think of would be the maruzen m1100 revision (well thats the smallest one) but you would need to loose the grip which is where the has is stored, it has no reovable mag, it woul need some SERIOUS modding and im thot sure that would be possible due to the GBB parts.

and to top it off the m1100s would be too expensive for me to want to even think about butchering

yeah lol i know but semi auto would be a nice additive, if i was gonna put a shotgun on i would use a masterkey set up, too much hassle for smei gas in an m16 styled frame,

I might try to source a plastic m4 receiver and then strip it and try to fit the UTG everblast or something to that effect in it? well the internals anyway, might work a treat. Could also keep the barrel from it aswell and use it as the barrel on the Xm-26.. the possabilities are endless hehe :)

just had a thought, using the internals from the spring shell ejector (look on sunnywarehouse.com) you might be able to rig the internals up to a small AEG (say, a glock AEP) gearbox. that would allow semi auto, and you could upgrade the gearbox.

it would be hard, and i dont know if it would work, but its a thought

Archived