Stirling Work?

watching wolf

Sorry for repeating strings (mods feel free to delete one or the other!) I'm going to have a crack at scratch building a Stirling SMG but there are some problems...

1) (a doozy) i don't have a work shop let alone a state of the art machine shop with all singing all dancing CnC lathes etc

not really a problem as such. i do most of my work on an old dining table in my bedsit! so any suggestions had best be doable in these situations!

2) i need an AEG gearbox that fits into a tube 42mm in diameter! yes i've looked into gas systems and frankly they worry me! besides they don't tend to work on their side which is kinda a prime requsite for a stirling!

short of all that any comments or suggestions (beside the obvious "Give up!") i'd be glad to hear 'em

thanks guys!

WW

I am actually planning to make one myself for a project at school... It will be semi-auto though, using a Kj Mk1. I asked my teacher (who is like... 57 years old) if it was okay, which actually resulted in a (positive) discussion about airsoft and real steel weapons.

My main problems with the modification at the moment are magazine posision and shape. The rest, like cutting and mounting the barrel shouldn't be too hard. We should post pictures of the finished products.

Here's a gbb attempt at a sterling that I made:

http://img218.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=2004...34nc.jpg&cols=4

I used a kjw glock 27 inside a pvc pipe. It's only semi auto, and the mp5 mag sticking out the side is only for show, but maybe this will give you some ideas for your aeg.

When I get a little time, I have the same aeg sterling project in mind as you seem to, so please update us on any progress you make.

edit: some of the pics won't load to image shack, but you should get the idea from what's there. :)

Sounds good Baka. i'm really after a full auto myself so looks like i've a fight on my hands!...

Ok it's been a while since i was last here and i've just been over to the very helpful articles page! lo and behold pictures of gearboxes!!!! having looked V.V. hard at those shown, I think I'm down to the Uzi. any hints and tips? is it possible to upgrade/strengthen these puppies?

edited for ridiculous spelling errors! must remember to spell check!

Bullzebub I thought that the Tompson used a ver6 gbx like the P90. what is that top picture of?? need more info as to the UZI gbx i need more accurate measurements but if it'll go in the 42mm tube it should be finre theres a lot of length behind the magwell and i'll put the battery in the grip. having said all that im seriously considering micro AEGs now and the possibilitie of pulling one apart and stuffing the bits into my pipe!

Archived