Where can I buy replacement AK47 screws...

Marlowe

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone knew where I could source some Marui AK47 screws, as a lot somehow vanished yesterday at the skirmish (including both bottom screws that hold the stock to the receiver, and the pistol grip screw which stops the damn thing falling off to reveal the motor cage of the gearbox below).

I've had a hunt on all the usual suspects but I've been unable to locate any.

Does anyone know of any websites where I could locate them, or failing that, any retailers / individiduals that would be willing to sell some? I'm really pretty desperate, as the damn thing isn't really skirmishable again until I can fix it....:(

Have you a hardware retailer (not B&Q or such), maybe a smaller firm (we have one in Cambridge called Mackay), they would be your best bet mate.

If you are having real difficulty finding any, let me know how many you need and how long the screws need to be. I ask this because after modding my Spetz to take a 9.6 3300 :D the stock screws that came with the gun were too long and obstructed the battery path, so had to be replaced with shorter ones.

:)

Cheers for the suggestion Reddog, I'll certainly consider that if I have any problems next time. Thankfully Ginger Collins has come to my aid and is kindly sending me some of the screws, so I think my AK will hopefully back in one piece before long.

Thanks for all the suggestions though! :)

Archived