Glock 18C Problems

L4Isoside

My KSC Glock 18C came yesterday, and today i'm trying to adjust the hopup, but its quite inconsistent :( :( i'm shooting about 30/40 foot (i'm ###### at distances) and the bb's seem to fly in different directions. A few will hit the target (ATM its a white overall lol) and a few hit then a few go left and right, then its hits etc.

If i turn the hop up full it goes up, and i turn it down to its almost there and it flys very inconsistently. I've cleaned everything pretty well including the barrel, and re-oiled everything, almost...

I very lightly oiled the top of the inner barrel and let it fall to the bottom for about 10mins and cleaned any access oil off. And shot a few mags worth yet its made barley any difference.

Please help

L4Isoside AKA Chris

P.s. I've searched the forums so please don't flame me if you find something i missed :flamed:

First:

What "flavor" BBs are you using? I tend to find .25g hit the sweet spot for my G18C more than any other. Brand can be an issue as well. Cheap, light BBs will act erratically and could easily create the situation you're describing.

Second:

The firing/accuracy issues you describe, is this in semi or full auto? If what you're describing is the behavior on full auto then welcome to a machine pistol on full auto. :D The KSC/KWA G18C is notoriously inaccurate on full auto (as I believe are any full auto GBB).

After that,

1. How much did you oil (and clean) the inner barrel/hop? (with 100% silicon oil, yes?) And when you say you shot a few mags through it without any difference, I assume that was after you oiled it? Because, of course, that can make a difference.

2. The hop-up itself, I tend to find that going up to full and then dropping it back about two clicks gives me a nice consistent trajectory with .25g BBs. It could just be a matter of experimenting with different settings until you find what works for you.

Its an unnamed packet, but i don't think there bad £6.95 for 1000 BB's. I asked for some and the man (today) said that someone bought 10 packets of these for skirmishing, and the remembered he had one left, so i'm guessing there not that bad.... also they have no marks or lines or what ever on them. I asked for heavyweight bb's, i think there 0.20g, they used to be when i went to a different shop (they had a label on)

No its semi auto. Yes, full-auto has like no accuracy....lol

I asked at my armory (i go shooting every sunday, real guns though) about oil for my airrifle and they explained 100% oil (no WD-40 and the like), i also asked if oil for my RC hydraulic shock absorbers would be ok and they said yes (i think) and i've been using that (until it runs out anyway) Its fine for my airrifle, no probs so i'm using that, but no were it actually says 100%

I throughly cleaned down the barrel, i used cotton buds and kitchen role and scrubbed decent (being careful of the hop-up) and I put a few drops at the top (letting it drip down) and around the hop-up adjustment and i wiped some off around the feed for the bb's to go into the barrel.

I shot a few mags worth and did see a bit of difference, i haven't put and more in since then and i've nearly shot the packet now.

At close range the accuracy isn't too bad, still abit off though, its mainly at longer ranges it tends to go off.

Another thing is sometimes it seems to shoot 2 Bb's instead of one, any ideas? It is getting rarer though.

I found that I had to break in both my 18s. They were not doing so hot, but after about a thousand rounds through each they seemed to settle down a bit.

Good hop adjustment is key, so are the BBs you use. I use .25 elites and they are pretty accurate, unless I'm on full auto. But when you have a guy seventy to eighty feet away, and you unload twin 18s on them, you get results, usually after the guy jumps out of his skin from the terrific racket that was just unleashed. The 18s are great guns, so be patient and work them. You won't be disappointed

Firstly get a new supplier for your BBs! www.airsoftworld.net £5.99 for 5000. They are very good quality as good as Excel and work very well in guns with tight barrels.

When i first bought my 18c it shot all over the place. It turned out it was the hop rubber. Take the inner barrel out and look at the rubber is it deformed or split? if it is deformed it is relatively simple to take the assembly apart and check for pinching and that the bucking is in the correct place. Be very careful if you remove the hop rubber, the bucking is tiny so either take it apart inside a plastic bag or hold the assembly over a magnet then if it falls you no where to find it. Also watch out for the small spring in the outer assembly around the barrel. If the rubber is split nothing you can do just get a new one.

As Fox has already said 0.25s make a big difference to the 18s and if you are playing in very close quarters consider the heavy sniper rounds 0.30 and 0.36 your range will drop quite a bit but on full auto when you want to keep there heads down :D

Archived