Spraypaint a gun?....

avisonjohn

Heya guys. I got myself one of the old WEI Tech HiCappa 3.8 GBB .45 ACP pistols. The only problem is, its silver...which dont get me wrong, its nice... but i would prefer it in black now as its a bit scuffed and i think it would look better.

Would it be safe to spraypaint it black?

Is there a certain type of spraypaint i should use?

Is there anywhere on the gun i should avoid painting?

Anything else i should know.

Also, how long until the paint started to wear off?

Anyone know where i can buy this online? I'll post some before and after pics for you all to see. I wanted to attach a flashlight and laser to the front and *try* to make it look like a socom.....but sods law says that aint gonna happen....we'll soon find out i guess.

Yeah, so, anywhere online in UK i can buy it?

Anyone know where i can buy this online? I'll post some before and after pics for you all to see. I wanted to attach a flashlight and laser to the front and *try* to make it look like a socom.....but sods law says that aint gonna happen....we'll soon find out i guess.

Yeah, so, anywhere online in UK i can buy it?

airsoft Scotland sells it for around £5 a can

Everyone beat me to it :rolleyes:

Yep Krylon found Here

I suggest you take the gun apart before paining it ;) - Dont just spray the whole gun unless you want a complete matte finnish through out - jmo that would look silly :P

If you do have any problems, paint thinner works ;) - Remember you need a few thin coatings, not one large flood of the stuff.

If you get runs of dry paint, perhaps sanding it down with the least coarse type of sandpaper will help :) - Thats what I do.

Paint wearoff, is kinda minimal unless you have sweaty hands (Or so I have found :unsure: ) But if you bash or scratch it the paint will come off ;)

Although the front of the can says "Dry in 15 minutes", On the back it also says leave in for 2 hours <_<

So, if your putting the gun back together with less then 2 hours of leaving it, then some of the paint may crumble (Own experience)

Get your Krylon from either Airsoft world or Wolf, just remember that Royal Fail wont let them post it so you have to pay courier costs on top.

Take everything apart, give it a light rub down with the finest grade sand paper, or even better, wet and dry paper. Then give it a good wash to get any grease, dust, dirt ect off it before you paint it.

Then give it a few light coats of paint. Just follow the directions on the tin and you cant go wrong.

Should look pretty nice when its done. Good luck.

Sam

Airsoft World charges less then £2 for 2nd class recorded. But it seems to arrive next day anyway usually :) 

Yes they do, but Royal Mail do not let you send pressurized containers in the post.

What airsoft world charge for second class postage is not relavant as that method of postage is not an option for aerosol containers.

Yes they do, but Royal Mail do not let you send pressurized containers in the post. 

What airsoft world charge for second class postage is not relavant as that method of postage is not an option for aerosol containers.

K but what I was saying is that, I ordered some Krylon from them, they charged me 2nd class and it arrived next day.

And it was delivered by the usual mail man :unsure:

Archived