How to Make G&P M16 110rd Mags Feed Better

M14

I know people have had problems with the G&P M16 110rd Magazines (VN style) feeding. I own 5 and decided to fix the problem and not spend more money on 5 more mags. I noticed that the spring was very weak and couldnt force the BBs free when it jammed up. Here is a little guide to make you G&P mags feed a little better.

PROS:

No perminant modification

No tools needed (except allen key and philips screwdirver)

Very Very Cheap

Makes Mags feed better (mine can now empty the whole mag without a problem)

CONS:

Converts Mag to a 85rd Midcap

My camera isnt working right now but this modification is pretty simple and is easy to understand if you have the mags. Here is the guide on how to do it.

1. First remove the Metal shell around the plastic inner mag by unscrewing the screw on the bottom of the magazine with a allen key.

2. Take a small philips screw driver and unscrew the screw that is in the middle of the mags side and is in a rectangle (the rectangular door to let the spring out of the mag without taking the whole inner mag apart).

3. Once you take the door off, disconnect it from the srping.

4. Take 25 BBs (BBs work best but other things can be used) and put them between the spring and the door. You pretty much put the BBs is the wrong way so when you put BBs in from the top, the spring will be between the 25 BBs and the 85BBs.

5. Put the door back on and then put the mag back together.

Once you finish you will have a good feeding 85rd Midcap rather than a *suitcasey* feeding 110rd Midcap.

Sorry for my very very bad guide.

• 3 years later...

Archived