tm hicapa feed problems

urbandork

I finally got to fire my hicapa today and found that the rounds were getting jammed in the mag due to the top plastic peice not lining up with the rest of the mag. I simply filed it down to smooth it out and now it feeds with out jamming.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had ran into this problem.

I have not had this problem. I think there may be some quality issues with the top of the mag though. Mine broke after the plastic part on the spring shot up into the top of the mag. The part you filed down went flying across the room. Of course no one had this piece in stock so I had to order a whole new mag. Also I installed a PDI piston. The PDI piston is taller than the stock piston. This allowed the cylinder to stick out more which in turn caused the slide not to sit all the way forward. This did not effect operation but I could not set the thumb safety. I took a small sliver of plastic from the slide where the safety was hitting the slide. Now everything operates perfect. The slide sat back not even a millimeter, just enough to prevent the safety from going up.

intresting. Just out of curiosity what kind of gas r you using. Ive been using green and havnt had problems with it. Did i get lucky? i always thought that green made the o ring slip off and that all hicapas were pron to this? if so then y not mine. Have i gotten lucky or did TM just change something?

Archived